Family Day in Whistler, BC
February 19, 2024
Family Day is the perfect opportunity to plan a long weekend – or midweek getaway – of fun and adventure with your loved ones. Get out and play, connect with nature in Whistler's rugged mountains, and take in our cultural side with arts and heritage experiences. Welcome to Whistler's winter wonderland.
2023 Family Discounts and Offers
Here's a look at a few of the special offers that were available to families in 2023. Please check back for 2024 offers and information closer to Family Day.
Ski and Snowboard Rentals
- Save up to 37% on ski and snowboard rentals with Black Tie Ski Rentals
Nordic Skiing & Snowshoeing
- 50% off all cross-country ski and snowshoe day tickets at Lost Lake Park
- Prebook 72 hours or more in advance and save up to 10% on your Ziptrek adventure
Arts and Culture
- Free admission, art activities and more for families at Audain Art Museum
- Free admission and kids-themed activities at Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre for youth and children 18 years and under with a paying adult on Sunday, February 19 (closed on Mondays)
- Free outdoor entertainment at Whistler Blackcomb's Fire & Ice Show on Sunday
- Free self-guided tours for unique experiences and locations in Whistler
Snow Zone and Ice Skating at Whistler Olympic Plaza
- Free frosty fun, including snow play and sledding. Open daily, snow conditions permitting.
- Free admission on a first come, first served basis, at the ice skating rink. Skate rentals are $7.
Meadow Park Sports Centre
- 50% off drop-in admissions. Does not include drop-in hockey or stick & puck admissions. See rates at whistler.ca.
- Join a family-friendly stick & puck session scheduled from 10:30 to 11:30 AM. Book at whistler.ca/stickandpuck.
- Free transfers for children 5 and under with YVR Skylynx when travelling with an adult
- Free transfers for children 5 and under with Whistler Shuttle when travelling with an adult
- Free transfers for children 6 and under with Epic Rides when travelling with an adult
- Children 12 years and under ride free on Whistler Transit buses
2023 Family Day Weekend Events
Here's what happened for Family Day weekend in 2023. View our complete Events Calendar for all events in Whistler.
Family Fun in Whistler
There are plenty of ways to have fun with your family here, and while skiing and snowboarding are big reasons to visit, they're only the tip of the iceberg for winter fun. Browse the following for more ideas on things to do this February.
The Whistler Insider Blog: Family Advice