Whistler Transit Services - Bus and Taxi
You don't need a vehicle when you stay in Whistler. Explore the neighbourhoods by bus, free shuttle, bike or on foot via the paved Valley Trail or use the 24-hour taxi service. With additional services during peak season, express buses to popular destinations, a family travel program, and the ability to take your bike or skis along, getting around Whistler is simple.
Free Weekend Transit 2020: Free transit is back from July 1 to September 7 on weekends and holiday Mondays in Whistler.
BC Transit operates bus routes connecting the Village, Creekside and neighbourhoods north and south including express services to Creekside and Cheakamus. Seasonal, free shuttle services are also available to Lost Lake Park (summer), Marketplace (winter) and the Upper Village (year-round).
Whistler Transit Schedules and Maps
Transit schedules vary throughout the year in accordance with seasonal demand, with extra services in place when the resort is busy.
Fares, Tickets and Passes
- The Resort Municipality of Whistler provides free transit for special occasions such as New Year's Eve, Canada Day, and during certain peak periods in the summer
- More information can be found on the Resort Municipality of Whistler website
Family Travel Program
BC Transit’s Family Travel Program allows any fare-paying adult customer to travel with up to three children (12 years and under) free of charge. This program Applies to cash fares and passes. Find out where to purchase eligible passes through BC Transit.
Travelling with Skis, Snowboards, Bikes and other Equipment
- You may load all Whistler Transit Buses with your skis and snowboards
- All Whistler Transit buses have bike racks on the front, able to carry 2 bikes per bus
- Buses have special seating areas for strollers - some restrictions reply
- Suitcases, parcels and other large items are also welcome
- Learn more about travelling safely with sporting equipment, strollers and more on Whistler Transit
Free Village Shuttle Services
BC Transit operates seasonal shuttle services to assist people to move around Whistler Village - for free! Learn more about the Village Shuttle Service on the Resort Municipality of Whistler website.
- Route 4 - Marketplace Shuttle to and from the Gondola Transit Exchange (mid November to April)
- Route 5 - Upper Village/Benchlands Shuttle from the Gondola Transit Exchange to Blackcomb Base Lodge and the Benchlands (year round)
- Route 8 - Lost Lake Shuttle (mid June to early September).
There are two taxi companies in Whistler operating 24 hours a day. With vehicles ranging from mini vans to full-sized sedans, Whistler's taxi cabs make it easy to bring your ski, snowboard or golf gear. Taxis can be booked for trips to and from Vancouver International Airport and neighbouring towns.
|Whistler Resort Cabs*