Whistler Transit Services - Bus and Taxi
You don't need a vehicle when you stay in Whistler. Explore the neighbourhoods by bus, bike or on foot via the paved Valley Trail and use the 24 hour taxi service for other trips.
Gateway Loop Improvement Project
From October 13 - December, 2017
During fall/winter 2017 major improvements are being made to The Gateway Loop, the main transportation hub for Whistlers taxis and private bus services located on Village Gate Boulevard. Some traffic changes will be in effect around the site, with the inbound bus stop relocated slightly to allow for construction.
Map and More Information.
BC Transit operates bus routes connecting the Village, Creekside and neighborhoods north and south. Seasonal, free shuttle services are also available to Lost Lake Park (summer) and Marketplace (winter).
Fares, Tickets and Passes
Family Travel Program
BC Transit’s Family Travel Program allows any fare paying adult customer to travel with up to three children (12 years and under) free of charge. This program Applies to cash fares and passes. Find out where to purchase eligible passes through BC Transit.
Whistler Transit Schedules and Maps
Traveling with Skis, Snowboards, Bikes and other Equipment
- You may load all Whistler Transit Buses with your skis and snowboards
- All Whistler Transit buses have bike racks on the front, able to carry 2 bikes per bus
- Buses have special seating areas for strollers - some restrictions reply
- Suitcases, parcels and other large items are also welcome
- Learn more about traveling safely with sporting equipment, strollers and more on Whistler Transit
Free Village Shuttle Services
BC Transit operates seasonal shuttle services to assist people to move around Whistler Village - for free! Learn more about the Village Shuttle Service on the Resort Municipality of Whistler website.
- Route 8 - Lost Lake Shuttle (mid June to early September)
- Route 4 - Marketplace Shuttle to and from the Gondola Transit Exchange (mid November to April)
- Route 5 - Upper Village/Benchlands Shuttle from the Gondola Transit Exchange to the Benchlands and Blackcomb Base Lodge (year round)
There are two taxi companies in Whistler operating 24 hours a day. With vehicles ranging from mini vans to full-sized sedans, Whistler's taxi cabs make it easy to bring your ski, snowboard or golf gear. Taxis can be booked for trips to and from Vancouver International Airport and neighbouring towns.
|Whistler Resort Cabs*