Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre
The first ever centre dedicated to the history and culture of local First Nations, The Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre in Whistler is where mountains, rivers and people meet. Built to preserve their culture and share it with others, the building is designed to evoke the longhouses of the Squamish people and the Istken (traditional earthen pit house) of the Lil’wat people with a modern architectural interpretation.
- General Admission $18
- Youth & Student Admission (6-18 years) $5
- Child Admission (5 and under) Free
- Family Pass (2 adults and 2 children under 18 years) $42
The Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre is located at 4584 Blackcomb Way, adjacent to the Four Seasons Resort Whistler and The Fairmont Chateau Whistler in the Upper Village.
Hours of Operation: Tuesday - Sunday 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM (closed Monday)
Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre Highlights
The Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre celebrates the joint history of the Squamish and Lil’wat First Nations, past and present, by showcasing their histories, creative works and cultures in an interactive format. Highlights include:
- An interpretive centre with interactive cultural experience, permanent and temporary exhibits and demonstrations
- An outdoor Lil'wat Istken and Squamish Longhouse
- An interpretive forest walk
- A craft area with interactive crafts for all ages
- A theatre showcasing a 15 minute film
- An archival museum and contemporary gallery
- A gift shop offering products authentic and unique to the Squamish, Lil'wat, and other First Nations peoples.
- An indigenous inspired café with a menu inspired by traditional First Nations food and made with local ingredients where possible.
The gift shop and café can be accessed without paying the admission fee to the Centre - making it the perfect place in Whistler to pick up a memorable gift.
Whistler Cultural Pass
The Whistler Cultural Pass provides access to the Audain Art Museum as well as the Squamish Lil' Wat Cultural Centre at a reduced price. Save 15% when you purchase tickets as a pass.
Please note that the Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre is closed Mondays and the Audain Art Gallery is closed each Tuesday. Passes are not dated and can be used at any time.