||10 AM – 5 PM
||10 AM – 5 PM
||10 AM – 5 PM
||10 AM – 5 PM
- Thunderbird Café open 10 AM – 4 PM, Thursday to Sunday.
- General Admission Adult (26-64) $20
- General Admission Senior (65+) $17
- General Admission Young Adult (19-25) $15
- General Admission Student (13-18) $7
- General Admission Child (6-12) $5
- Family Pass (2 adults and 2 children under 18 years) $45
The gift shop and café can be accessed without paying the admission fee to the Centre – making it the perfect place in Whistler to pick up a memorable gift.
Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre Highlights
Visit the Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre for their hourly guided tour experience offered on the hour, every hour, 10 AM – 4 PM daily. Friendly Cultural Ambassadors from both the Squamish and Lil’wat Nations share their culture and knowledge in this immersive cultural centre. The hourly guided tour includes a traditional welcome song, fifteen minute film, exhibit tour, and cedar-rope bracelet making activity. General Admission includes access to the galleries and exhibits throughout the main level (Great Hall) and mezzanine. After the tour guests are encouraged to revisit areas of the museum that piqued their interest.
Other Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre highlights include:
- Permanent and temporary exhibits from the Squamish and Lil’wat Nations
- Live Demonstrations of weaving, carving, cedar prepping, and other cultural regenerative activities
- An outdoor Lil'wat Istken (earthen dwelling) and Squamish Longhouse
- An interpretive forest walk
- Do you enjoy hands-on activities? Join SLCC Cultural Ambassadors for a one on one lead craft where you make your own medicine bag, dream catcher, drum, and other traditional crafts. Throughout the crafting process, Ambassadors will share the stories and significance of the craft
- A theatre showcasing a 15 minute film
- Whistler’s largest first nations gift shop, offering products authentic and unique to the Squamish, Lil'wat, and other First Nations peoples in Canada
- Thunderbird Café, an indigenous-inspired eatery in the SLCC’s admission-free area
- The gift shop and Thunderbird café can be accessed without paying the admission fee to the SLCC, making it the perfect place in Whistler to pick up a memorable gift
The Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre is located in the Upper Village at 4584 Blackcomb Way. Limited parking is available onsite; additional parking is available along Blackcomb Way and in the Day Lots.
View Map of Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre
First Nations Winter Feast – $75 per person
A private, group dining experience for a minimum of 30 guests to a maximum of 50.
Join the Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre for a night at the museum dining experience. Located in Whistler’s Upper Village, the SLCC hosts a First Nations Winter Feast that blends culinary journey and cultural sharing. Enjoy a delicious Indigenous-inspired feast as Nation members share their culture through regalia, storytelling, music and dance.
The menu includes winter-centric salads, hearty protein mains, and a seasonal apple and pear crumble for dessert. Highlights include Pemberton Smashed Potatoes, Winter Ale Steamed Clams, Cedar Plank Kuterra Salmon and Venison Stew. Veg-forward and gluten-free options abound, making this a feast suitable for all diets.
To learn more about Squamish Nation and Lil’wat Nation, an optional guided tour led by Cultural Ambassadors starts at 5:30 PM and highlights the museum’s treasures, including their current exhibit, Father Land.
Contact Whistler.com's Group Sales team to book at 1.866.299.6971 or email email@example.com.
Whistler Cultural Pass – $30 per person
The Whistler Cultural Pass provides access to the Audain Art Museum as well as the Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre at a reduced price.
Save up to 20% when you purchase tickets as a dual admission pass.
Please note that the Audain Art Museum is closed Monday to Thursday and the Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre is closed Monday to Wednesday.
Passes are not dated and can be used at any time.
*Hours of operation and admission prices subject to change.
Local Flora & Culture:
New Tour in Whistler
The Salish Stroll holds the secrets of the coastal temperate rainforest, discover what Insider, Nikkey learned on this new Whistler tour.
Moments of Inspiration:
A Whistler Arts Itinerary
Prepare to be surprised and delighted when you uncover our creative side, where art is woven into everyday life and you're invited to join the fun.
Stay & Golf Packages
Starting from $189
Enjoy open spaces and quieter greens at our four championship golf courses from some of the world's top designers.
Photos of the Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre