When to Visit
Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre: Open Tuesday – Sunday from 10 AM – 5 PM.
(Closed on Mondays from October 15, 2018 – April 15, 2019)
Thunderbird Café: Tuesday – Sunday from 10 AM – 4 PM
- General Admission $18
- Student Admission $13.50
- Child Admission (5 and under) Free
- Family Pass (2 adults and 2 children under 18 years) $42
The gift shop and café can be accessed without paying the admission fee to the Centre – making it the perfect place in Whistler to pick up a memorable gift.
Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre Highlights
Visit the Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre for their hourly guided tour experience offered on the hour, every hour, 10 AM – 4 PM Tuesday - Sunday. Friendly Cultural Ambassadors from both the Squamish and Lil’wat Nations share their culture and knowledge in this immersive cultural centre. The hourly guided tour includes a traditional welcome song, fifteen minute film, exhibit tour, and cedar-rope bracelet making activity. After the tour guests are encouraged to revisit areas of the museum that piqued their interest.
Other Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre highlights include:
- Permanent and temporary exhibits from the Squamish and Lil’wat Nations
- Live Demonstrations of weaving, carving, cedar prepping, and other cultural regenerative activities
- An outdoor Lil'wat Istken (earthen dwelling) and Squamish Longhouse
- An interpretive forest walk
- A craft area with interactive crafts for all ages
- A theatre showcasing a 15 minute film
- Whistler’s largest first nations gift shop, offering products authentic and unique to the Squamish, Lil'wat, and other First Nations peoples in Canada
- Thunderbird Café, an indigenous inspired eatery with a unique menu made with fresh local ingredients where possible. Visitors are encouraged to taste feature items such as the smoked salmon bannock panini, bison pot pie, venison chili, and xuxem berry tea
- The gift shop and Thunderbird café can be accessed without paying the admission fee to the SLCC - making it the perfect place in Whistler to pick up a memorable gift
The Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre is located in the Upper Village at 4584 Blackcomb Way. Limited parking is available onsite; additional parking is available along Blackcomb Way and in the Day Lots.
View Map of Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre
First Nations Winter Feast
Every Thursday and Sunday at 5:45 PM from December 13 to April 18, the First Nations Winter Feast & Performance features a Northwest Coast inspired menu, Indigenous World Winery wines and craft beer from local breweries. Performances take place throughout the dinner service, featuring the SLCC’s Cultural Ambassadors and the Wells Family from the Lil’wat Nation.
The feast menu includes freshly-baked Bannock, Three Sisters Butternut Squash Soup, Roasted Sage Chicken, Cedar Plank Salmon, Braised Bison Short Ribs, locally-sourced hearty vegetables, dessert and more.
First Nations Summer Feast
Enjoy a tour of the award-winning Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre and a First Nations feast on select Tuesday and Sunday evenings at 7 PM from April 23 – September 17, 2019. The dinner features an Indigenous-inspired menu, with Indigenous World Winery wines and craft beer from local breweries available at the cash bar. Performances take place throughout the dinner service, featuring the SLCC’s Cultural Ambassadors and the Wells Family from the Lil’wat Nation.
The buffet-style feast includes mouth-watering delicacies such as fresh baked bannock, buffalo smokies, cedar plank West Coast salmon, two nation eight spiced chicken, field greens with berry maple vinaigrette, potato salad, wild mushroom, barley pilaf as well as a selection of desserts and tea and coffee.
*Please note that some dates maybe unavailable due to private functions. Please search above or call 1.800.944.7853 to double check availability.
Whistler Cultural Pass
The Whistler Cultural Pass provides access to the Audain Art Museum as well as the Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre at a reduced price. Save 15% when you purchase tickets as a pass.
Please note that the Audain Art Gallery is closed each Tuesday. Passes are not dated and can be used at any time.