Summer Family Activities
- Get your kids outdoors and active in Whistler this summer with great family activities
- Let them loose in the Adventure Zone at the base of Blackcomb with luge, climbing, mini-golf and more
- Spend days exploring the Village where skateboard parks, amazing playgrounds, lakes and beaches await
- Try the Museum, Cultural Center or Library or check out the Events Listing for unique entertainment ideas
Family Time - Seasonal Tips from The Whistler Insider
Blackcomb Base Adventure Zone
If hiking, biking or exploring doesn't tire the kids out, don't worry! The Adventure Zone at the base of Blackcomb Mountain is packed with fun for kids big and small with mini-golf, pony rides and climbing walls just the start. Enjoy a few activities,
stop for lunch on a sunny patio, then try a few more. Prepare for some exhausted kids at the end of the day!
Adventure Zone Hours of Operation for 2013
|June 16 to September 3, 2013*
|Sunday to Thursday
|Friday & Saturday
*Dates and hours are subject to change. Some activities are weather permitting.
Adventure Zone Tickets
Tickets can be purchased at the ticket window at the base of Blackcomb Mountain.
Adventure Zone - 3, 5, or 10 Activities from $25
- Choose from 3, 5, or 10 activities*
- Pass valid for Westcoast Luge, Little Mountain Golf, The Core Climbing Wall, Batter Up!, Hot Wheelz, Bungee Trampoline, Spin Cycle, Balloon Slide & Castle, Spider Web.
*Minimum weight and height requirements and completion of a Liability Release may be required for some activities. Children under 18 may require the signature of a parent or legal guardian.
Adventure Zone Activities include:
- Westcoaster Luge
- Little Mountain Golf Centre
- Kiss the Sky Bungy Trampolines
- Blackcomb Trail Rides
- Spin Cycle Human Gyroscope ride
- Spider Web climbing structure
- Balloon Slide & Castle
- Batter Up! Batting Cage
- Balloon Slide & Castle
- Glitter Tattoos
- Amaze'n Maze
- Spider Web
- Rope Zone
- Hot Wheelz Electric Go-Karts
Fun Family Activities around Whistler
Play time is important for families, and Whistler has enough activities on offer to try something new every day. Happy kids and happy parents make a summer holiday to remember - here are some suggestions to assist you plan your vacation.
Explore the Outdoors
Riverside Greens Putting Course
Open from mid-May to mid-October, this professionally-designed 18-hole putting course is fun for the whole family while being challenging enough for the avid golfer. Putter rentals for adults and children are available at the pro shop. Located at the
Riverside RV Resort and Campground, 3 km north of Whistler Village. 8018 Mons Road. 604.905.5533.
Whistler Disc Golf Courses
There are two disc golf courses in Whistler. One is located at
Whistler Olympic Park and the other stretches from Spruce Grove Park to
Lost Lake Park. The Whistler Olympic Park location follows cross-country ski trails in and out of the forest. There are elevation, tree and water hazards. Open 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM daily. The Lost Lake course is a combination of wooded and open terrain
with lots of challenging elevation changes. Don’t forget the bug spray!
Disc Golf – Whistler Style
Other Things to do with Families
- Search the
Events Listing for outdoor concerts and other free fun during your stay
Indoor Activities for when you need a change of pace or to escape the sun
Use the dining guide to find kid-friendly restaurants to suit the most picky eaters
Call 1.800.WHISTLER (944.7853) to speak with a local travel consultant