Drop off is from 8:30 - 8:45 AM. Lessons start at 9 AM. Please arrive at 8:00 AM on the first day of your lessons if you need to pick up tickets and rentals. Lunch is included. Pick up time is 3:30 PM from the base area. You will be required to sign a form, releasing your child from the class at the end of the day.
All kids group lessons are full day. Private half day lessons are available.
Helmets are mandatory for all children ages 3 - 12 participating in our ski and snowboard programs.
Your Child's Day
Your child will spend the day with their instructor and group sliding, exploring, laughing, learning and playing.
If your child has special dietary requirements please discuss them with your Travel Consultant when making your reservation and again when you arrive to drop off your child. Please be aware that Whistler Blackcomb tries to operate "nut free" facilities so they ask that you do not pack any nut products should you choose to pack your own lunch or snack.
3 - 4 year olds have lunch and story time between 11:30 AM and 1 PM. 5 - 7 year olds and 8 - 12 year olds eat lunch in different seatings from 11:30 AM to 12:45 PM.
Actual time on snow will vary depending on weather conditions, the group's ability and stamina. Some groups will take a quick 30-minute lunch with no breaks and others, usually those who are at the early stages of learning to slide on snow and those groups with younger children, will take more frequent breaks throughout the day to rest and recuperate.
Pick up time is at 3:30 PM from the base area. You will be required to sign a form, releasing your child from the class at the end of the day.
Before You Arrive:
- Ensure that they are well rested, have eaten breakfast, and have recovered from jet lag.
- Bring them dressed and ready to ski or snowboard.
- Don't worry about tears! Instructors are kind, caring and trained to calm the fears of your child.
- If you wish to check on your child, please phone, watch from afar, or ask about the Parent Pager program for infants and toddlers.
What To Bring:
Remember, weather conditions can change rapidly. Please ensure that your child is equipped with the following and that all belongings are labeled. A helmet is mandatory for all children and teens aged 3 - 18 years participating in ski and snowboard programs.
- Warm hat and neck gaitor
- Goggles and/or sunglasses depending on the weather
- Sunscreen and lip balm applied. They will reapply after lunch.
- Waterproof & insulated mittens, gloves, jacket and pants
- Long underwear and turtleneck
- Warm dry socks