About Whistler Village
The Village is conveniently located at the base of Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains, a gateway to a range of exciting activities including skiing and snowboarding in winter and mountain biking, hiking and golf in summer. The Village is linked by the Village Stroll, a pedestrian-only causeway lined with shops, restaurants, hotels and other accommodation all with views of the surrounding mountains.
Stay in the Village
What's On in Whistler
Things to do in the Village
- Dining - Satisfy your taste buds with ice-cream to fine dining and everything in between
- Shopping - explore the unique shops and boutiques along the Stroll at your leisure
- Nightlife & Après - Spend a night out on the town or an afternoon on a sunny patio
- Arts & Culture - Immerse yourself in mountain culture at museums and galleries
On vacation and tired of paying roaming charges? Rent a personal WiFi hotspot from the Whistler Visitor Centre for just $5/day (plus refundable deposit). Connect up to 10 devices at one time, and stay connected with friends and family wherever you go.
Public Parking in Day Lots
There are five parking day lots located on Blackcomb Way in the Village that allow easy access to the Village and both Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains. View a map of Whistler Village showing the Day Lots (3 MB PDF).
User Pay Parking - Day Lots 1, 2 and 3
- Hourly: $2
- Daily: $8
- Evenings from 5 PM - 3 AM: Free
- Overnight: no charge. Overnight Parking is not permitted November 1 - March 31.
Multiple day and monthly passes are available for the Day Lots. See the Resort Municipality of Whistler website for more information.
Free Parking - Day Lots 4, 5
Free parking is available in Day Lots 4 and 5, with a maximum stay of 72 hours permitted from April 1 to October 31. Overnight Parking is not permitted November 1 - March 31.
Other Free Parking Options
- Whistler Creekside - Creekside Parkade, adjacent to the Creekside Gondola
- Base II on Blackcomb Mountain offers three lots (Lots 6, 7 and 8) just off Glacier Lane in winter. Access the Blackcomb Gondola and ski or ride directly to your vehicle at the end of the day
Parking in the Village
There are a number of public parking areas in addition to the day lots; each charges based on length of stay.
- Hourly rates range from $1 to $4.
- Flat rates, 24-hour and evening parking available in some lots
- Electric Vehicle Parking Stations are available in several locations including the Whistler Conference Center
- Motorcycle parking is available in the Whistler Conference Center and Marketplace
See the Resort Municipality of Whistler website for detailed parking information, rates and locations.
Accessible Parking and Transportation
Whistler offers accessible options to resort guests of all abilities. Accessible parking stalls, taxis and public transit are available throughout Whistler Village.
Whistler Transit System
The resort transit system operates a number of bus routes that connect the Village, Creekside and neighborhoods north and south. Seasonal, free shuttle services are also available to Lost Lake Park (summer) and Marketplace (winter).
Fares and Tickets
The transit fare is $2.50 per trip, with transfers available on board. Please note the correct amount is required, as drivers are not able to provide change. Alternately, tickets and passes are available at a discounted rate throughout the Village and at the Whistler Visitor Centre.
- Summertime: Free Shuttle Service to Lost Lake (June to early September)
- Wintertime: Free Shuttle Service to and from Marketplace (November to April)
- A commuter service to Pemberton is also available
Visit the Whistler Transit website for current schedules, seasonal shuttle operational dates and fare information.
There are two taxi companies in Whistler operating 24 hours a day. With vehicles ranging from mini vans to full-sized sedans, Whistler's taxis make it easy to bring your ski, snowboard or golf gear.
Resort Cabs: 604.938.1515
Whistler Taxi: 604.932.3333
An average trip within the village should cost about $5, to Creekside about $10, and to outlying neighborhoods about $15.