Spring in Whistler
Spring is the season where anything is possible. Longer days leave plenty of time for skiing and biking and patios purr with lazy après sessions in the sun. Some of Whistler's favourite events fall in spring including the World Ski and Snowboard Festival and the Great Outdoors Festival, which are both guaranteed to see winter off in style.
With rooms from moderate rooms from $99 a night, you can stay longer and explore to your heart's content.
The questions really should be 'What can't you do in spring?' It's the season of transition where you get the best of winter and summer and a range of activities to match.
- Whistler Mountain is open until late April
- Blackcomb Mountain stays open until late May
- Après-ski is on every day! Enjoy Whistler's legendary après scene at a pub, bar or lounge
Other Outdoor Activities
- Golf courses typically open in April and early May
- Walk the Valley Trail and some hiking trails to see the lakes, parks and beaches come to life with new spring growth
- Sightsee on the PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola until mid-April
- Catch the first black bears as they emerge from hibernation
- Activities like bungee jumping and zipline are available year-round
Here's a taste of what's happening in Whistler over spring:
View the full Event Calendar.