Distance: Approximately 6.4 km return
Just 20 minutes from the Village by bike, Rainbow Park by Alta Lake is a favourite spot for fun in the sun. There is a sandy beach, lots of grassy areas, picnic tables, beach volleyball courts and a floating dock for lounging on after a refreshing swim.
- From the Village head to Whistler Golf Club (the entrance is located off Whistler Way, by the Whistler Conference Centre). Take the underpass under the highway then take the Valley Trail path to the right of the clubhouse.
- Follow the signs to Rainbow Park, turning left at the River of Golden Dreams. Cruise along this flat section of trail to Rainbow Park, keeping an eye out for people paddling kayaks, canoes and stand-up paddleboards on the River of Golden Dreams along the way.
- Fun Fact: As the original site for the historic Rainbow Lodge, visitors have been enjoying the park since the early 1920s when Whistler was just a summer destination (some of the original cabins are still standing)
- Set up camp on the grassy area and relax for as long as you like. Enjoy the views across to Whistler and Blackcomb Mountain, the cool breezes and refreshing lake water
- When you’ve had enough sun for the day, jump back on your bike and take the same route back to the Village
- View in Google Maps