Go ice skating for free in the heart of Whistler Village with views of the surrounding mountains, the Olympic Rings and thousands of twinkling festive lights.
Admission is free! Rentals skates available for $5. Helmets available at no charge.
Dates and Hours of Operation Winter 2015/16
Rink scheduled to open December 12, 2015 and usually stays open until March.
||Closed for Ice Maintenance
||Rental Shop Hours
|11 AM - 9 PM
||2 PM - 3 PM
5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
|11 AM - 2 PM
3 PM - 5:30 PM
6:30 PM - 9 PM
- Push bars available for anyone learning to skate - helmets are encouraged for beginners
- To keep the ice surface safe
and family-friendly, hockey and figure skating are not permitted
Skate with Santa
Date: Sunday December 20, 2015
Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Location: Whistler Olympic Plaza
Description: Did you know Santa loves to skate? Come and skate with him at the outdoor rink on a magical holiday evening.
Whistler Presents: New Year's Eve Celebrations
Date: Thursday December 31, 2015
Time: 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Location: Various Venues including the Whistler Olympic Plaza Skating Rink, wristbands required
Description: A family-friendly event held in several venues across the Village. For the duration of the event, the ice skating rink will be available to wristband holders only. More Information
Outdoor Skating on Local Lakes
When conditions are right, skating is possible on many local lakes. Skating on natural ice should only be undertaken when weather conditions have created safe ice conditions and is undertaken at your own risk. When in doubt, head to the outdoor rink at Whistler Olympic Plaza or the indoor rink at Meadow Park instead.
Important Safety Tips:
- Never skate alone
- Check the weather (temperatures should ideally be below -10° C / 14°
F for several days prior to skating)
- Speak with local residents or call a local fishing tour operator to check conditions
- Bring a drill and skating pole to test the thickness of the ice. A 15
cm (6 in) minimum ice thickness is recommended
- Stay close to shore where the water is shallower
- Stay away from any open water areas including small holes and slushy spots
- Wear a helmet and other protective gear
- Dress for cold weather conditions
- Small children shoule be supervised at all times
Meadow Park Sports Centre
The Meadow Park Sports Centre features
an NHL-sized ice surface with public skating available daily between noon
and 3 PM (subject to change for special events and holidays).
Qualified skate attendants are on hand and there is a full service
skate shop with skate rentals, helmets and push bars. The Centre also offers lessons, over-16 open skate sessions and parent and tot public skate sessions.