Thanksgiving Long Weekend in Whistler
October 5 - 8, 2018
Gather friends and family to visit over the Thanksgiving long weekend and enjoy the beautiful fall weather. Whatever traditions you follow for this time of year from turkey dinners to crafts to sales, Whistler is the perfect place to be.
Spend quality time with friends and family over the weekend:
- Enjoy family-friendly entertainment in the Village
- Try ziplining, a RZR or ATV tour – see the beautiful fall colours up close
- Get the first turns of the season – ski and snowboard Whistler Blackcomb with the official opening day set for November 22, 2018
- Get ahead on the Christmas shopping with unique gifts in stores and at the popular Arts Whistler Holiday Market
- Relax and rejuvenate at one of Whistler's relaxing spas
- Book a no-fuss Thanksgiving dinner at one of Whistler's restaurants
Here are a few events happening during the long weekend. See our full events calendar for everything happening in town.
Sitting down with friends and family for a special meal is an important part of Thanksgiving. Many Whistler restaurants offer a traditional Thanksgiving dinner menu with all the trimmings to make you feel right at home.
Please contact the restaurants directly for reservations and more information.
US Thanksgiving – Thursday November 22, 2018
Whistler also celebrates US Thanksgiving along with our American friends in November. Stay tuned for more information on events and activities over the US Thanksgiving weekend and view the guide below to see a sample of what happens. Please check back for a new 2018 guide coming soon.