Tough Mudder & Tough Mudder Half
June 16 & 17, 2018
The military-style Tough Mudder meets the Coast Mountains in this epic event weekend featuring two days of Tough Mudder and the Tough Mudder Half. Think you’ve conquered the Whistler mud run already? Think again. Choose your challenge, tee up your team, set up camp in Whistler and get ready for the ultimate obstacle course in rugged Whistler Olympic Park.
At a glance: 16 - 20 km, 20+ obstacles. The same course is run both days.
Tough Mudder Whistler is a Mountain Course where the terrain is added to the man-made obstacles for a totally unique experience. The course changes every year with details released closer to the event - you will have to prepare for anything and everything! Previous years have seen participants taking on ice water plunges, electrical shocks, crawling, climbing and more.
Tough Mudder Teams
Are you tough enough? Try, and you might just surprise yourself. You can do the event solo, but there’s nothing better than getting friends and workmates together to tackle the event as a team, helping each other through the obstacles. Be inspired and uplifted (literally!). The extra support will make your day.
New for 2018: Tougher Mudder Ticket
Add a competitive, timed twist to your experience with this brand new ticket upgrade. You'll start in the first wave of Mudders on the Saturday and receive an official course time. Place in the top times and you could be eligible to win prize money.
Tough Mudder Half
At a glance: 8 km, 13 obstacles. The same course is run both days.
Tough Mudder Half features all the thrills of the original Tough Mudder over half the distance. This is a Mountain Course where steep, rocky terrain is added to the man-made obstacles for a totally unique experience - no ice, fire or electricity involved. The minimum age for the Half is 14 which means this year you can get muddy with the entire family.
Tough Mudder Half Teams
You can do the event solo to challenge yourself but you can also sign up with friends and do the event together, helping each other through the obstacles. Work teams are also welcome, with the new Tough Mudder Half format lending itself to corporate teams. Be inspired and uplifted (literally!). The extra support will make your day.
There's no two ways about it - whatever event you sign up for you're going to need a place to rest and refuel at the end. Located just 16 km north of the Tough Mudder site, Whistler mountain resort is THE place to stay. You'll want to add a couple days around the event to experience summer the Whistler way with a huge range of things to do, stunning scenery and a Village packed with sunny patios.
Tough Mudder Preparation
- Book into your accommodation early and get a good sleep before the event
- Choose from one of the wide range of places to eat in Whistler for crucial carb loading
- Stock up on last minute supplies with markets, athletic and outdoor wear shops throughout the Village
Recovery and Celebration
- Join up with other participants in one of Whistler's bars or pubs to raise a glass to victory
- Soak sore muscles in your own hot tub or book a post-event massage at one of Whistler's spas
- Plan a big brunch the day after to refuel
Explore and Relax - You Deserve it
- Add to the adventure with Whistler's award-winning activities like bungee jumping, ziplining or white water rafting
- Keep it cruisy - ride the PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola, take a gentle hike or chill out by a lake