Know Before You Go
COVID-19 Information and Resources for Travellers
Travel restrictions have been removed for US and international visitors entering Canada, however some COVID-19 border and travel measures have been reinstated for air travellers from China.
Businesses across the hospitality sector are struggling with ongoing labour challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. These labour challenges are resulting in some businesses needing to modify their available services and hours of operation.
We ask all visitors to Whistler to be understanding and respectful of the current situation, and we thank you for being kind to employees who are working extremely hard in these challenging conditions.
What You Need To Know: Whistler
Whistler is open and visitors are welcome!
- Health and safety remain top of mind in Whistler and local businesses are upholding the highest of standards in health and safety for all.
- Visitors are strongly encouraged to do their research ahead of time, to arrive with a plan, and to make restaurant and activity reservations in advance. When in-resort, visit whistler.com/maps for up-to-date information on local businesses, including hours of operation and periodic closures.
- The Whistler Visitor Centre is open daily from 9 AM to 5 PM. Alternatively, guests can call 1.800.944.7853 or use the Ask Whistler mobile chat service to speak with a Whistler.com agent who can answer questions and provide resort information.
What You Need To Know: British Columbia
There are no quarantine or COVID-19 testing requirements for domestic travellers visiting British Columbia.
Visit the Government of British Columbia's website for additional information.
What You Need to Know: Canada
Effective 12:01 AM EST on January 5, 2023, all air travellers who are two years of age and older, arriving on flights originating from the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong or Macao, will need to provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 test result, taken no more than two days before their departure, to the airline prior to boarding. Full details on the travel restrictions can be found on the Government of Canada’s website.
There are no quarantine or COVID-19 testing requirements for other international travellers visiting Canada.
Visit the Government of Canada’s website for additional information.
What You Need to Know About Returning Home
While most countries have eased or entirely lifted their travel restrictions and re-entry requirements in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Tourism Whistler still strongly encourages all international visitors to refer to their home country’s official government resources before booking any travel.
COVID-19 Testing for Travellers
If you are visiting from a country that has testing requirements for re-entry, the following testing options are available:
Airwolf Medical – Whistler Activity Centre
- Rapid Antigen: $149
- PCR (24 – 48 hours): $299
Fully-accredited COVID-19 testing for travel, business, conferences, and special events. Learn more about Airwolf Medical’s COVID-19 testing services at airwolfmedical.com.
Bon Voyage Medical – Westin Resort & Spa
Remote testing via telehealth. Conduct remote tests using your own kit (must be unexpired, unopened, and Health Canada approved) or use kits available for pickup at local pharmacies such as Rexall.
- Remote Antigen with your own testing kit: $75 (results available within 3 hours of sample collection)
Learn more about Bon Voyage Medical’s COVID-19 testing services at bonvoyagemedical.com or email email@example.com to organize special events.
We will keep this page updated as changes occur. Last update: January 5, 2023.