Fairmont Chateau Whistler Golf Club
Noted golf course architect Robert Trent Jones Jr. rose to new challenges when he carved the Chateau Whistler course right into the flank of Blackcomb Mountain. This par 72, 6,635 yard course walked away with Golf Digest’s Best New Resort Course in Canada award when it opened and has garnered more than its share of awards.
This 18-hole course offers a golf opportunity unmatched in the region. By allowing nature to dictate the path, the course traverses creeks, ponds, stands of ancient Douglas Firs and granite rock faces, which testify to the fact that this magnificent course follows closely the natural state of the rugged terrain. With elevation changes of more than 400 ft. overall, this is one course where you’ll be using your camera as much as your clubs.
- Double-ended 350-yard Practice & Learning Centre
- Tournament and group services
- Fully integrated colour GPS system on every cart
- Award-winning golf shop, Titleist Rental Clubs and rental shoes available
- Full food and beverage services; licensed premises, menu packaging, patio seating with BBQ, halfway house, refreshment cart
Awards & Recognition
- "#1 Best Resort Course (Canada)" – Travel + Leisure, 2010
- "Golf Destination of the Year (North America)" – IAGTO Awards, 2007
- "Best of the International Golf Resorts" – Robb Report, 2005
The Golf Shop & Food Services
Now offering Titleist rental clubs. Rental shoes are also available. Licensed premises, menu packaging, patio seating with BBQ, beverage cart and the Bear House halfway house - which is accessed twice during your round.
Practice & Learning Centre
The Fairmont Chateau Whistler Practice & Learning Centre is one of Canada's most scenic practice facilities. The Practice and Learning Centre is a double-ended, 350-yard long facility with combination grass and artificial turf teeing areas and featuring a Short Game Area with a 10,000 square foot putting green, practice bunkers and chipping and putting zones. Use of facility is included with all green fees.
Complimentary parking is available at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort, with convienient and complimentary shuttle service to the Golf Clubhouse. No reservations are required for transportation.
Stay & Golf Packages
3 nights, 3 rounds from $155* CAD per person, per night
Package includes accommodation plus discounted golf at any of the following courses:
- Nicklaus North Golf Course
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler
- Big Sky Golf Club
- Whistler Golf Club
Have a group of 12 or more players? Visit golfing with groups for further information.
This offer is valid for up to 9 players. If you have a group of 10+ players, please call 1.844.955.3263 today to speak with a Whistler based Golf Specialist or Request a Quote.
*Package price based on 4 adults sharing a 2 bedroom Deluxe unit/suite. Price is based on 18 hole morning/day midweek tee times during midweek. Rates may change with fluctuations in currency.
2020 Fairmont Chateau Whistler Green Fees
Pricing inlcudes Power Cart Fee
||Open - May 23
||May 24 - Sept 29
||Sept 30 - Closing
|Monday - Friday
Open to 2:50 PM
|Monday - Friday
3 PM to Close
Open to 7:50 AM
8 AM - 11:50 AM
12 PM - 2:50 PM
3 PM to Close
COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
The following guidelines have been created to assist guests in preparing for, and playing golf at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler Golf Course during COVID-19. The guidelines are based on the direction provided by the Allied Golf Association of British Columbia, consistency with the overall resort and best practices from other clubs.
We appreciate your support in adhering to the guidelines and helping us keep the game and our facility safe during the 2020 golfing season.
If you have COVID-19, COVID-19 symptoms, are self-isolating or have travelled outside Canada in the last 14-days you will not be permitted at the facility.
All golfers will be asked to:
- Wash hands and use hand sanitizer as necessary.
- Practice social distancing (6 feet) between you and others at all times.
- Respect the signs and instructions of staff at the facility.
Arrival & Pre-Round
- Access to the course is limited to staff, club members and guests with pre-booked tee-times or lessons.
- Arrive at the course no earlier than 20 minutes prior to your reserved time.
- Greeter will direct and guide guests to park in the front loop.
- All guests must check-in upon arrival. A greeter will then perform a screening check comprising of a non-invasive temperature check (must be under 100.4 F) and short questionnaire.
- Golfers are encouraged to arrive ready in their golf attire.
- The washrooms in the Clubhouse and on-course are open. Ensure to sanitize hands before and after use of washrooms.
- Water bottles will be provided at the course. No water refill stations available on course.
- Golfers wishing to use the Practice Facility are to arrive 1 hour prior to their tee time, will be shuttled to the Practice Facility, and returned to the clubhouse via shuttle 20 minutes prior to their tee time.
- People wishing to warm up prior to their round may use the hitting nets at the clubhouse 20 minutes prior to their tee time. Please use your own balls.
- The supervisor will direct groups to the first tee 5 minutes before their tee time. Guests are expected to be ready to go to the tee at that time.
Check-in and Retail Shop
- Members do not need to check-in inside the pro shop upon arrival. They must have their temperature checked by greeter then may proceed to the back deck.
- A maximum of 4 guests will be permitted in the Retail shop and must practice physical distancing at all times.
- People interested in purchasing product from the Retail shop will be permitted to try it on, however, we do ask our guests to sanitize their hands prior to handling any product.
- Items tried on will be placed in a 48 hour quarantine box to ensure sanitation.
Golf Carts and Provisions
- Golf cart rentals must be used by one individual only, unless being shared by members of the same household.
- Golf carts will be cleaned and sanitized after every use.
- Packages with scorecard, tees and pencil available for guests upon request.
- Each cart will have a bunker rake provided to be used throughout the round and returned to clubhouse after each round for sanitizing. No bunker rakes will be on course.
- Each cart will have sand and seed bottles to be used throughout round and sanitized afterwards. No sand and seed refills on course.
- One golf towel per golfer provided on cart. Towels are washed after each use.
- Electronic GPS scoring is encouraged as well as scoring through our app. GPS screens disinfected after each round.
- Practice facility will be open 10-5 daily.
- People wishing to use the practice facility exclusive of a tee time may do so for a maximum of 45 minutes.
- People must line up at the main entrance to the practice facility and an attendant will escort you to your mat with golf balls to use. Please follow the directions for exiting.
- Every second mat has been removed to create a 6 foot gap between mats. Golfers are encouraged to use their own tees on the mats.
- Mats and dividers will be cleaned and sanitized once during the day and once after close at night.
- Golf Balls will be washed with soap and disinfectant before being put back into use.
- All practice greens will be open. Maximum 4 persons on any putting green at a time. Maximum 2 people using the practice chipping or bunker greens at a time. Golfers must use their own balls when practicing at any of the practice greens.
On the Course
- Physical distancing must be observed throughout play with special attention paid at tees and greens and with other groups ahead and behind you.
- There are no water stations on course.
- On-course washrooms available during play.
- Flagsticks are to remain in the hole and must not be touched. A device has been put on each flagstick to allow easy removal of your ball using your putter.
- Any person who has a second round booked will proceed to the supervisor on the back deck following completion of their first round for direction on what to do prior to their second round.
- If there will be a delay before their second tee time, the cart will be parked in a designated area until their tee time arrives.
- Persons should depart the course within 20 minutes of completing play.
- Rental Clubs are available for use. They cannot be shared and will be disinfected after each use.
Food & Beverage
- The Clubhouse restaurant is open for take away only. Food and beverage is also available at the Bearhouse after holes #5 & 14. Please ensure to sanitize hands before and after visiting the Bearhouse.
Whistler Based Travel Consultants are available at to assist with planning your Whistler vacation.
Contact us at 1.800.944.7853 or via email at email@example.com