Whistler Film Festival
December 4 – 8, 2019
Visit Whistler in early December for Canada’s ‘coolest’ film festival with five action-packed days of innovative and original films from around the world, industry summits, talent programs, music showcases and parties. Plus, there's always time for skiing, après, fine dining and more.
2019 Film Highlights Include:
- Lost Transmissions (Canadian Premiere) | Director, Katharine O'Brien, to be in attendance with lead actor, Simon Pegg
- Spinster (World Premiere) | Director, Andrea Dorfman, to be in attendance with lead actor, Chelsea Peretti
- The Irishman (Canadian Festival Premiere) | Director: Martin Scorsese
- From the Vine (Western Canadian Premiere) | Director, Sean Cisterna, to be in attendance with lead actor, Joseph Pantoliano
- The Aeronauts (Western Canadian Premiere) | Director: Tom Harper
- Liberate: A Call to Spy (North American Premiere) | Director: Lydia Dean Pitcher
- Antigone (Western Canadian Premiere) | Director: Sophie Deraspe
2019 Program Highlights by the Numbers
- 86 fresh films, comprising of 43 features and 43 shorts from 15 countries
- 11 first-time feature films
- 13 feature films directed by women
- 67% of the program premiering Canadian features – more than any other Canadian film festival this year
- 15 film awards and $146,500 in cash and prizing
The full 2019 film line up can be found here.
Whistler Film Festival 2-Night Stays Available from per Night
Find rooms during the Whistler Film festival from only (based on a 2-night stay). If youre looking for the best value, plan a midweek stay or extend your weekend for the best rates.
Choose your films first! Purchase your ticket packages before single tickets go on sale and get first pick of your films. Single film tickets go on sale November 10. Buy packages online
Film and Event Tickets
Buy tickets to select films and events. Single film tickets go on sale November 10. Buy tickets online
WFF Friends or Patrons Circle
Become a member of the Friends of Whistler Film Festival or Patrons Circle to get access to galas, films, receptions, parties and more. Join Friends or Patrons Circle now
Don't miss out on the action! Industry Passes are available online - view the Industry Summit schedule and Buy Industry Access online
Featuring 25 interactive sessions designed to foster business collaborations, WFF’s Summit aims to provide practical intel for filmmakers and dealmakers, as well as spark debate through a variety of high-level keynotes and panel discussions on topics that include finance, marketing, distribution, technology and export. With up to 1,000 expected delegates including industry executives, filmmakers and digital trailblazers from across North America and beyond, Whistler is the place to be, connect and deal this December.
Discover more Summit highlights and how to participate. Summit Overview and Summit Schedule.
About the Whistler Film Festival Society
The Whistler Film Festival Society (WFFS) is a charitable cultural organization dedicated to furthering the art of film by providing programs that focus on the discovery, development and promotion of new talent culminating with a must attend festival for artists, the industry and audiences in Whistler. WFFS produces one of Canada’ s leading film festivals and plays a leadership role in offering project development programs and opportunities for filmmakers, both within and beyond our borders.
Preferred Partner Hotels
Festival Accommodation Partners