Whistler Film Festival
December 1 – 31, 2021
Visit Whistler in December for Canada’s Coolest Film Fest with action-packed days of innovative and original films from around the world. Events include film premieres, industry summits, talent programs, parties and special guest appearances by actors and directors. Plus, there's always time for skiing, après, fine dining and more.
Here's a look at what happened for 2020. Please check back again for more information on the 2021 event.
December 1 – 20, 2020
Watch 97 films online including 30 features and more than 65 shorts curated in nine programs, available to a national audience, plus special events, talent talks, masterclasses and industry sessions available to an international audience. Purchase tickets by browsing through the Catalog.
Once films premiere, you can watch them until December 31. Once ordered, you’ll have 24 hours to finish. Plus your ticket supports our filmmakers challenged by these unprecedented times as WFF has pledged to share net online proceeds on a 50/50 basis directly with the filmmakers or Canadian rights holders.
2020 Virtual Events
Beyond the film-on-demand experience, WFF will celebrate as many films and filmmakers as possible through an online series of events that include:
- Spark Gala & Auction: The official kick off to WFF’s 20th anniversary on December 1
- Whistler Après: To mark the peak of the fest Whistler-style on December 10
- Awards Celebration: To recognize the films and filmmakers in seven juried competitive sections with 16 awards and $40,000 prizes to be awarded on December 20
- Talent Talks: Engaging, interactive conversations with top filmmakers and talent
- Bonus Features: Introductions and Q&As with the filmmakers included with films
- Alumni Spotlight: Featuring 20 alumni filmmakers to mark WFF's 20th anniversary
Don't miss out on the action! Industry Passes are available online.
Take your projects from concept to screen while navigating the rapidly evolving industry. From December 1 to 20, WFF’s Content Summit will welcome established industry leaders and content creators from around the world to their virtual mountain home to discover, network, and explore the ideas and actions shaping media entertainment today.
- Attend 30 live, interactive sessions with 100+ speakers
- Topics cover every aspect of filmmaking, from pitching, finance, production and marketing to distribution
- Register for a pitching workshop with a master*
- Register for 1+1 meetings with key decision makers*
*Limited spaces available.
Discover more Summit highlights and how to participate. Summit Overview
About the Whistler Film Festival Society
The Whistler Film Festival Society (WFFS) is a charitable cultural organization dedicated to furthering the art and business of film by providing programs that focus on the discovery, development and promotion of new talent culminating with a must-attend festival for artists, industry and audiences. WFFS fulfills its mission by producing a highly respected and recognized international film festival (WFF) and industry summit that draw industry, audiences and global exposure for Canadian talent; delivering a robust slate of talent programs for Canadian artists including screenwriters, producers, directors, actors and musicians; and through year-round film and event programming that enriches community life beyond the festival. In all its programs, WFF strives for gender parity, inclusivity and diversity.
The Whistler Film Festival Society acknowledges that the land on which their office and venues are located are within the unceded territories of the Sk̲wx̲wú7mesh (Squamish) and Lil̓wat7úl (Lil'wat Nations).