Subaru IRONMAN Canada® & Subaru IRONMAN 70.3 Canada®
Whistler - July 30, 2017
Calling all athletes - preparation has begun for the 2017 Subaru IRONMAN® Canada triathlon in Whistler! Take up the challenge and swim, bike and run through Whistlers beautiful lakes, roads and trails. Book ahead and choose from a wide range of accommodation for the all-important race week.
Athletes know that preparation is key to finishing this incredible race. Knowing the course can make a huge difference on race day, and all athletes are encouraged to come to Whistler early to scope out the route, get familiar with the facilities and log training hours in the water and on the roads. As an added bonus, athletes can treat family and friends to a couple of days in the mountains to thank them for their support and make sure they make it to race day too.
Explore Whistlers Terrain
Please note that this information is for the 2016 Subaru IRONMAN Canada® - the details of the 2017 event will be confirmed and updated as soon as possible
On July 30, 2017, Whistler will host Subaru IRONMAN Canada®, a world-class sporting event. Traffic pattern changes will be put in effect throughout Whistler and Pemberton to ensure the safety of athletes, volunteers, participants and travelers.
To assist successful travel on race day, Subaru IRONMAN Canada® will be releasing comprehensive travel guides, traffic updates and tips for spectators in the lead up to the event. Please take a moment to review them for helpful travel information.
View the 2016 Traffic Impact Guide
Find the best places to watch the race including start times, venues and advice on how to get around on the day.
View the Official 2016 Spectator Guide
Subaru IRONMAN Canada® Weekend in Whistler
Whether you are coming to race, support or spectate, there is plenty to see and do in Whistler. Arrive early to prepare and stay late to relax after the event.
ABCs of IRONMAN Canada® - 26 Perks of Racing in Whistler from IRONMAN®
Things to Do in Whistler
- Entertain the kids at the Blackcomb Base Adventure Zone, open daily
- Get a different view of the mountains - ziplining, a tree top adventure or a ride on the incredible PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola
- For added excitement try an ATV tour or white water rafting
- Go on a family adventure and rent a bike or hike to one of Whistler's lakes for a day by the water
After the Race
Athletes will deserve rest and relaxation after finishing the epic race - here are some ideas for ways to celebrate, post race.
- Book your athlete a post-race massage at one of Whistler's spas
- Join up with other participants in one of Whistler's bars or pubs to raise a glass to victory
- Gather with family and friends for a special meal and hear first-hand how the race went down
- Celebrate with a gift - find the perfect present in one of Whistler's boutique shops
2017 Subaru IRONMAN Canada® Whistler Partner Hotels
Click on any logo above to check availability at our partner hotels.