Subaru IRONMAN Canada® & Subaru IRONMAN 70.3 Canada®
After seven years of hosting Subaru IRONMAN® Canada triathlon in beautiful Whistler, this triathlon will be returning to Penticton, BC in 2020. Visit the IRONMAN website for more details.
Knowing the course can make a huge difference on race day, and all athletes are encouraged to come to Whistler early to scope out the route, get familiar with the facilities and log training hours in the water and on the roads.
Explore Whistlers Terrain
Whistler Fitness Facilities
Highway 99 and roads around Whistler are usually snow free and swept free of gravel by late April/May.
Whistler welcomes Subaru IRONMAN Canada® Athletes and Supporters
Whether you are coming to race, support or spectate, there is plenty to see and do in Whistler. Arrive early to prepare and stay late and relax after the event.
Subaru IRONMAN Canada® Supporter and Spectator Itinerary
For friends and family of Subaru IRONMAN Canada® participants, weve come up with a handy itinerary to help you explore Whistler while your athlete makes their final preparations.
After the Race
Athletes will deserve rest and relaxation after finishing the epic race - here are some ideas for ways to celebrate, post race.
- Book your athlete a post-race massage at one of Whistler's spas
- Join up with other participants in one of Whistler's bars or pubs to raise a glass to victory
- Gather with family and friends for a special meal and hear first-hand how the race went down
- Celebrate with a gift - find the perfect present in one of Whistler's boutique shops
Whistler in Summer – Things to Do
- Entertain the kids at the Blackcomb Base Adventure Zone, open daily
- Get a different view of the mountains - ziplining, a tree top adventure or a ride on the incredible PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola
- For added excitement try an ATV tour or white water rafting
- Go on a family adventure and rent a bike or hike to one of Whistler's lakes for a day by the water
- Play a gentle round of golf, hike or paddle post-race
Significant traffic pattern changes will be in effect on the day of the race to ensure the safety of athletes, volunteers, participants and travellers. Highway 99 will be affected on race day – please adjust your travel plans accordingly.
View the 2019 Traffic Impact Guide
Visit the Resort Municipality of Whistler Website for resident information on getting around on IRONMAN race day.
Changes to parking are required over race weekend, with locations of note including the transition areas in Day Lot 4 and Rainbow Park. Please check back next summer for update on parking changes.
View Parking Changes
Due to highway closures, buses will be running on a modified schedule on race day.
View BC Transit Advisories
2019 Subaru IRONMAN Canada® Whistler Partner Hotels
Click on any logo above to check availability at our partner hotels.