Knowing the course can make a huge difference on race day, and all athletes are encouraged to come to Whistler early to scope out the route, get familiar with the facilities and log training hours in the water and on the roads.
Explore Whistlers Terrain
Whistler Fitness Facilities
Alta Lake Temperature
The temperature of Alta Lake will be updated in early 2018.
Highway 99 and roads around Whistler are usually snow free and swept free of gravel by late April/May.
Whistler welcomes Subaru IRONMAN Canada® Athletes and Supporters
Whether you are coming to race, support or spectate, there is plenty to see and do in Whistler. Arrive early to prepare and stay late and relax after the event.
After the Race
Athletes will deserve rest and relaxation after finishing the epic race - here are some ideas for ways to celebrate, post race.
- Book your athlete a post-race massage at one of Whistler's spas
- Join up with other participants in one of Whistler's bars or pubs to raise a glass to victory
- Gather with family and friends for a special meal and hear first-hand how the race went down
- Celebrate with a gift - find the perfect present in one of Whistler's boutique shops
Whistler in Summer - Things to Do
- Entertain the kids at the Blackcomb Base Adventure Zone, open daily
- Get a different view of the mountains - ziplining, a tree top adventure or a ride on the incredible PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola
- For added excitement try an ATV tour or white water rafting
- Go on a family adventure and rent a bike or hike to one of Whistler's lakes for a day by the water
- Play a gentle round of golf, hike or paddle post-race
The following information is from the 2017 event, to be used as a guideline only. Official travel and spectator guides will be released prior to the event in 2018.
Find the best places to watch the race including start times, venues and advice on how to get around on the day.
View the Official 2017 Spectator Guide
Traffic pattern changes will be put in effect to ensure the safety of athletes, volunteers, participants and travelers.
To assist successful travel on race day, Subaru IRONMAN Canada® will be releasing comprehensive travel guides, traffic updates and tips for spectators in the lead up to the event. Please take a moment to review them for helpful travel information.
View the 2017 Traffic Impact Guide
Changes to parking are required over race weekend, with locations of note including the transition areas in Day Lot 4 and Rainbow Park.
Due to highway closures, buses will be running on a modified schedule on race day.
Register Early, Receive $100 off accommodation with Whistler.com
Athletes who register between July 31 – November 5, 2017 for the 2018 Subaru IRONMAN® Canada & Subaru IRONMAN® 70.3 Canada will receive a $100 off when booking their 2018 Subaru IRONMAN® Canada & Subaru IRONMAN® 70.3 Canada accommodations through Whistler.com.
To redeem this offer or for further information, please call 1.866.898.7965 to speak to one of our Whistler based Travel Consultants.
*Maximum of one $100 certificate can be redeemed per booking. Bookings are only valid for minimum three night stays between Tuesday, July 24 – Tuesday, July 31, 2018. Guests must use and book their accommodation credit before December 31, 2017. Offer only available with accommodation bookings made through the Whistler.com call centre at 1.866.898.7965 with confirmed Subaru IRONMAN® Canada accommodation partners.