Whistler Writers Festival
The Whistler Writers Festival is now over for 2018. Please check back again for information on upcoming events.
The Whistler Writers Festival is an annual fall event celebrating the written word. It's a chance to meet renowned authors, listen to lively speakers panels and attend workshops on publishing and word craft before gathering for evenings of music and great conversation with other readers and writers.
Whether you are an avid reader, aspiring writer or an established author, you'll find something special in the Whistler Writers Festival program. This year's offerings include evenings with food, music and stories, a crime writing lunch, plus several craft workshops and a pitch your work to publishers session.
2018 Festival Tips & Highlights
- Sample appetizers at Cooks with Books: Passionate Locavore Edition
- Aspiring author? Seven publishers will be present for pitches at The Speed Dating Publishing Session
- Don't miss events that sell out early: the Literary Salon specially designed for book clubs, Crime Writers Lunch, Panel Discussion: Publishers Roundtable Discussion, Literary Cabaret, Gala, Sunday Brunch, Sunday's A Walk to Lost Lake with authors and readings. Tickets
Tickets and festival passes are available on the Whistler Writers Festival website.
Whistler Writer's Festival – Stay 2 Nights from $125 CAD per night
Don't miss out on any of the literary action. Extend your stay in Whistler with 2 nights available from only $125 CAD per night.
*$125 CAD rate based on a 2 adults sharing a standard hotel room. Rate based on availability and subject to change. All rates are transacted in Canadian dollars. USD $ rates are based on a 0.75 exchange rate and may change with fluctuations in currency.
Whistler in Fall
Fall is a cozy time of year, where crisp air invites walks through the forest and fireplaces beckon for conversations with friends. Pack books and a notepad and take some time to enjoy the peace and quiet in the mountains.
- Find space to put pen to paper in one of Whistler's cozy cafes or lounges
- Take a walk along the Valley Trail, reconnect with the natural world and enjoy the falling leaves
- Relaxation is key to creativity – take time out to visit a spa
- Find inspirations in Whistler's art galleries, Museum, Library and Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre
- Take home a book from the collection at Whistler's own independent book store - Armchair Books