Whistler Writers Festival
The Whistler Writers Festival has concluded for 2019. Please visit again for information on upcoming events.
Now in its nineteenth year, The Whistler Writers Festival is an annual fall event celebrating the written word. It's a chance to meet the very best Canadian and international authors, attend workshops, readings, and speaker panels, before gathering for evenings of music and great conversation with other readers and writers.
Whether you are an avid reader, aspiring writer or an established author, you'll find something special in the Whistler Writers Festival program. Events include evenings with food, music and stories, plus several workshops.
2019 Festival Tips & Highlights
Here's what happened for 2019. Please check back in 2020 for updated event information.
- Meet passionate chefs and authors, and sample appetizers at Tasting the Divine: Cooks with Books
- Attend the Saturday Night Gala, with Bill Richardson in conversation with Canada Reads 2018 finalist, Omar El Akkad and author and activist, Maude Barlow
- New this year, New Voices Rising includes readings from emerging authors of poetry, fiction and non-fiction
Don't miss events that sell out early:
- Booklover's Literary Salon for book clubs, featuring Cherie Dimaline
- Guest author readings from their spine-tingling works at the Crime Writers Lunch
- Readings from some of Canada’s best-loved authors accompanied by live music at The Literary Cabaret
- An invigorating walk and writerly conversation on Sunday's A Walk to Lost Lake
- Sunday Brunch with a thoughtful conversation that goes beyond the headlines and sound bites
Tickets and festival passes are on sale now on the Whistler Writers Festival website.
Whistler in Fall
Fall is a cozy time of year, where crisp air invites walks through the forest and fireplaces beckon for conversations with friends. Pack books and a notepad and take some time to enjoy the peace and quiet in the mountains.
- Find space to put pen to paper in one of Whistler's cozy cafes or lounges
- Take a walk along the Valley Trail, reconnect with the natural world and enjoy the falling leaves
- Relaxation is key to creativity – take time out to visit a spa
- Find inspirations in Whistler's art galleries, Museum, Library and Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre
- Take home a book from the collection at Whistler's own independent book store - Armchair Books