Every year, Brackendale hosts one of the largest populations of bald eagles in the world. In 1994 the highest concentration of bald eagles ever counted gathered here – over 3700. Starting in mid November and continuing through February these magnificent birds feed on the salmon that spawn in the glacial fed Squamish and Cheakamus rivers. During this spectacular season, Sunwolf Tours provides the opportunity to view the eagles from a remarkable vantage point – the river. As you gently float by, experienced and knowledgeable guides will educate you about the life cycle of the bald eagle and the salmon it depends upon, along with the incredible flora and fauna of our environment. This is a wonderful trip for all the family, especially those interested in wildlife viewing, bird watching or photography.
Eagle Viewing Float Tours finish at Sunwolf’s cozy riverside lodge, where you will be served a hearty bowl of steaming chili beside the fire. Bring your bathing suit and enjoy fantastic views of the Tantalus Mountain Range from the hot tub.
Included in the tour:
- Coffee, tea, hot chocolate & baked goods on arrival
- Homemade chili & desserts for lunch (veggie options available)
- All necessary rain gear & safety equipment
- Professional & Knowledgeable River Guide
- Pickups Available from Whistler, departing from Gone Bakery at 9am