River of Golden Dreams
The River of Golden Dreams is a popular canoe, kayak and SUP route that links Alta Lake and Green Lake. The five-kilometre waterway is one of Whistler’s iconic experiences and fun for all the family. Along the route you can see lush wetlands, old growth forest and views of the surrounding mountains. Keep your eyes open for beavers, eagles, osprey, river otter, black bears and plenty of birds.
Put in at Rainbow Park on Alta Lake Road, at Lakeside Park, or at the end of Lorimer Road, and pull out anywhere en route to the dock by the Valley Trail at the end of Golden Bear Place, Nicklaus North.
Water Safety Tips:
- Inflatable water toys are not recommended as they can deflate or capsize and be left behind as litter
- Water levels can change rapidly based on rain and snow melt events in the watershed - paddle with care
- Obey all signs on the waterway, including portages. Be prepared for self-rescue and never travel alone.
- According to Transport Canada regulations users on the River of Golden Dreams must have personal safety items such as PFD, buoyant heaving line and a whistle or sound signalling device
- See the Transport Canada Safe Boating Guide for more information