Nordic at Callaghan Country
Ski Callaghan Nordic Centre
Experience the charm and warmth of traditional ski centre culture and play outdoors in nature – cross country skiing, snowshoeing, ski touring, exercise the dog and at the end of it all, cozy up to the trailside bonfire, or relax at an authentic high elevation backcountry lodge. Onsite services include equipment rentals, tours, all-inclusive packages, and snowcat shuttle.
Winter 2019/20 Hours and Dates of Operation*
Dates: November 22, 2019 - April 5, 2020
Hours: Weekdays 9 AM – 4:30 PM | Weekends 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM | Wednesdays 9 AM – 9 PM
View current trail conditions and grooming report from the venue.
*Please note all dates, hours and trail availability are snow and weather dependant and subject to change. Please confirm with Callaghan Country prior to arrival at 1.604.938.0616.
Tickets and Adventures
All adventures start from the full service Alexander Falls Touring Centre, conveniently located at the first entrance to Ski Callaghan. Callaghan Country is the wild and wooly side of the Ski Callaghan experience; slightly informal and built with the intent to reconnect you to the natural world. Adventures are handcrafted by a small and eclectic crew of mountain loving individuals delivering experiences of a distinct “local flavour” with fine-tuned attention to value and authenticity.
Full Adventure Details
|Wilderness Snowshoeing Admission
||Ski Callaghan trail ticket provides access to the combined trail system of both CCWA & WOP Nordic areas as one.
||From $16.50 per person
|Cross Country Ski Admission
||Ski Callaghan trail ticket provides access to 87 kms of groomed and track-set Nordic ski trails.
||From $28.50 per person
Access Callaghan Ski Rental Shop
- A well stocked rental and retail shop located at located at Alexander Falls Ski Touring Base
- Shop stocks nordic, snowshoe, and ski touring rentals
- Local Eats on the Snow’ Bar featuring a rotation of local prepared food vendors
- Ski Callaghan Nordic Centre features more than 130 kilometres of recreational cross-country ski trails groomed terrain for both classic and skate skiing, ranging from beginner to expert
- Unique high-elevation trails blessed with a microclimate of super-cooled and abundant snowfall
- Select dog-friendly trails
- Challenge your personal navigation skills following modest route flags through the wilderness
- For nature enthusiasts, follow the interpretive signage designed to deepen our connections with the natural world
- Select dog-friendly trails
Snowcat Shuttle Service
- Shuttle runs from Alexander Falls Ski Touring Base up the Mainline Trail to Callaghan Lake (8.5 km)
- The snowcat shuttle departs at 8:30am on weekends
- Ticket costs $56.50, which includes your Ski Callaghan Ticket at the gate
- The snowcat seats 8 people and must be booked a day in advance through Callaghan Country
Backcountry Ski Touring
- The natural cross-over activity for skiers not defined by downhill or nordic stereotypes
- Spend the days exploring fresh and completely untouched Coast Mountain powder, steep terrain and stunning mountain vistas
- Experience rugged, natural Whistler - no lift lines, no chairlifts. Hike to the top and truly earn your turn
Routes of Wilderness & Backcountry Lodge
- Visit the Callaghan Country’s Backcountry Lodge located at the heart of this spectacular Nordic recreation area
- Friendly hospitality, great food and comfortable lodging in sub-alpine wilderness
- Accommodation for up to 24 people (15 singles) in 8 private rooms
- Reservations dining room that seats up to 40 people
- Socialize in the inviting fireside lounge area or gear up the competitive spirit with a game of pool, ping-pong, or darts
Callaghan Country offers inclusive overnight ski-in/ski-out packages that include:
- Meals and non-alcoholic drinks
- Overnight accommodation
- Luggage transport
- Use of lodge snowshoes and toboggans
- Use of new Scandinavian sauna