What’s New in Whistler for Winter 2013/14
The skiing and snowboarding at Whistler Blackcomb keeps getting better and better! Learn more about what's new in the resort this winter including the new Harmony 6 and Crystal Ridge Express chairlifts.
The Whistler Insider - Whistler’s New Lifts
What's New For Winter 2014/15
Whistler Blackcomb continues to develop it's lift and gondola system into the 2014/15 season with a $12 million investment aimed at improving the customer experience.
New Cabins For The Whistler Village Gondola
Having uploaded many a happy Whistler-goer for 26 years, the Whistler Village Gondola is getting an upgrade in the form of brand new, "Diamond" level cabins. Storing skis and snowboards on the outside these cabins will provide more space on the inside whilst offering more comfortable seating and a smoother ride overall. Also, additional cabins mean that the upload capacity will increase by 12%.
Lift Access Control Gates
In addition to the new cabins, RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) systems will be installed with lift access control gates. Combined, these new developments will reduce wait times when uploading from the base of the either mountain.
Introducing Whistler Blackcomb's New Lifts
View the new lifts on the Whistler Blackcomb Mountain Trail Map for Winter 2013/14 (3MB PDF).
Harmony 6 Express - Whistler Mountain
The Harmony high-speed quad chair on Whistler Mountain has been replaced with a new high-speed chairlift capable of transporting 6 people on each chair.
- Carrying capacity has been lifted by 50 percent from 2,400 skiers per hour to 3,600
- New lift follows the same alignment, servicing terrain from the edge of Symphony Amphitheatre over to Glacier Bowl.
Crystal Ridge Express - Blackcomb Mountain
The Crystal Zone has undergone a dramatic transformation with the old fixed-grip triple chair replaced by a high-speed quad chairlift with a radically different aspect.
- The bottom terminal of the new chair is located at a lower elevation on Blackcomb Glacier Road
- The new lift simplifies access to the Crystal Zone, eliminating the need to use the Excelerator Chair to access many Crystal Zone favourites such as Ridge Runner, Rock ’N’ Roll and gladed trails including Outer Limits
- Return access to the Glacier Express Chair is also faster, allowing quicker access to the Horstman Glacier, Blackcomb Glacier and Spanky’s Ladder
- Skier carrying capacity has improved by 65 per cent to 2,400 skiers per hour
Crystal Zone Snowmaking Upgrades
To complement the opening of the new Crystal Chairlift, Whistler Blackcomb has invested in extensive snowmaking infrastructure for the Crystal Zone. The upgrade ensures excellent early and late season coverage in the popular area, and boost the mid-mountain skiing options on Blackcomb Mountain.
Book Your Winter 2013/14 Vacation now
With two new chairlifts to enhance your skiing and riding experience this winter in Whistler is going to be exceptional. Why wait? Book your accommodation now - call toll free 1.800.944.7853 for reservations or view Stay and Ski Packages online.
Stay up to date with all the Whistler news with Tourism Whistler:
Crystal Ridge Express and Harmony 6 express Photos
Call 1.800.WHISTLER (944.7853) to speak with a local travel consultant