Official Lift Opening Days - December 7 and December 14, 2013
The official opening days for the new Crystal Ridge Express and Harmony Six Express has been announced, with ceremonies to be held at the base of both lifts to celebrate.
Crystal Ridge Express Opening - December 7, 2013
The Crystal Ridge Express lift will launch with a live band, waffles on a stick, representatives from Kit Kat, an ice sculpture and a rocking party atmosphere.
Time: 10:00 AM
Location: Lower Terminal of Crystal Ridge Express Lift
Details: The party starts at 10 AM with Maple’s Sugar Shack, the McQuaid Brothers playing live music, and free giveaways.
Harmony Six Express Opening - December 14, 2013
Over in the Harmony Zone the new lift will be launched, with details of the party to be confirmed.
Introducing Whistler Blackcomb's New Lifts
Harmony Six Express - Whistler Mountain
The Harmony high-speed quad chair on Whistler Mountain will be replaced with a new high-speed chairlift capable of transporting six people on each chair, called the Harmony Six Express.
- Carrying capacity will lift by 50 percent from 2,400 skiers per hour to 3,600
- New lift will follow the same alignment, servicing terrain from the edge of Symphony Amphitheatre over to Glacier Bowl.
Crystal Ridge Express - Blackcomb Mountain
The Crystal Zone will undertake a dramatic transformation when the fixed-grip triple chair is superseded by a high-speed quad chairlift with a radically different aspect.
- The bottom terminal of the new chair will start at a lower elevation on Blackcomb Glacier Road
- New lift will simplify access to the Crystal Zone, eliminating the need to use the Excelerator Chair to access many Crystal Zone favourites such as Ridge Runner, Rock ’N’ Roll and gladed trails including Outer Limits
- Return access to the Glacier Express Chair will also be faster, allowing quicker access to the Horstman Glacier, Blackcomb Glacier and Spanky’s Ladder
- Skier carrying capacity will improve by 65 per cent to 2,400 skiers per hour
Crystal Zone Snowmaking Upgrades
To complement the opening of the new Crystal Chairlift, Whistler Blackcomb has invested in extensive snowmaking infrastructure for the Crystal Zone. The upgrade will ensure excellent early and late season coverage in the popular area, and boost the mid-mountain skiing options on Blackcomb Mountain.
Book Your Winter 2013/14 Vacation now
With two new chairlifts to enhance your skiing and riding experience this winter in Whistler is going to be exceptional. Why wait? Book your accommodation now - call toll free 1.800.944.7853 for reservations or view Stay and Ski Packages online.