GO Fest - Whistler’s Great Outdoors Festival May 16 to 19, 2014
May is a time of year when summer and winter meet, where sliding on snow, golfing, bike riding and water sports can be enjoyed on a single day. The inaugural Go Fest will take place in Whistler in May on the Victoria Day Long Weekend, with four days of events celebrating Whistler’s great outdoors.
The Whistler Insider - Multi-Sport Days of Spring
Go Fest Whistler
Details of the festival are being finalized. Stay tuned for more information or visit the festival website for more information.
Great Snow Earth Water Race
GO Fest plans to resurrect the iconic and never-forgotten Great Snow Earth Water Race, last held in Whistler more than 20 years ago. This mass participation, multi-sport event will stay true to its roots while evolving to attract as many teams as possible with authentically Whistler activities.
Whistler in Spring
Spring combines the best of summer and winter in Whistler. Snow is on the peaks for skiing and snowboarding, and sunshine in the valley means warm weather pursuits like biking and golf start again. Here are a few suggestions to help plan your May vacation:
Fresh Air Activities
- It's tee time! Get the clubs out of storage and play Whistler's four championship golf courses
- The Whistler Bike Park is scheduled to open May 16 with early season trail conditions suitable for intermediate to expert riders
- Spring Skiing & Snowboarding- Whistler Blackcomb’s long ski season provides ample opportunity to catch those perfect springtime turns
- Pack a picnic and enjoy the sun beside Whistler's lakes and beaches
- After a busy day outdoors skiing, bike riding and more stop off on a sunny patio for après to celebrate the return of spring
Whistler Arts and Culture
- Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre - learn about the joint history of the Squamish and Lil’wat First Nations
- Whistler Museum - discover Whistler's human and natural history, Olympic story and unique mountain culture
- Visit the art galleries in town and take in the new spring collections and emerging artists
Call 1.800.WHISTLER (944.7853) to speak with a local travel consultant