Whistler by Rail
During the summer months, the Rocky Mountaineer Sea to Sky Climb Train offers scenic service between Vancouver and Whistler. During your three and a half hour train trip you will travel through the scenic Howe Sound, the Cheakamus Canyon, Brandywine Falls and past the snow-capped peaks of the Tantalus Mountains. Return the same day or spend a night or more in Whistler and enjoy this ultimate summer destination.
The train operates daily except Tuesday and Wednesday from May 16 - September 22, 2014. The service also operates on September 23 and 24, 2014.
Reservations are only available by phone. Please call 1.800.944.7853 to book or request a quote and a Whistler based Travel Consultant will contact you.
Rocky Mountaineer Rates
Rocky Mountaineer train service to and from Vancouver to Whistler, operates daily except Tuesday and Wednesday from May 16 - September 22, 2014. The service also operates on September 23 and 24, 2014. Children under 2 years old ride free.
||Child (2 - 11 yrs)
|One Way Whistler Service
|Round Trip Whistler Service
- Breakfast or an afternoon snack served at your seat
- Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages
- Access to the Heritage Observation Car
- Service and interpretive storytelling by your Host
- Rail station transfers to and from the station locations in North Vancouver and Whistler
Rocky Mountaineer Packages
Book your package by calling 1.800.944.7853 or fill out our Quote Request Form.
Rocky Mountaineer train service to and from Vancouver to Whistler, operates daily except Tuesday and Wednesday from May 16 - September 22, 2014. The service also operates on September 23 and 24, 2014.
Whistler Overnighterfrom $315*per person
- Round trip train from Vancouver to Whistler with light meals
- 1 night in Whistler in a moderately rated hotel room
- Transfers to and from the station locations
- For reservations, call 1.800.944.7853
Floatplane & Whistler Sea to Sky Trainfrom $368*per person
- One way train from Vancouver or Whistler
- One way floatplane flight from Vancouver Harbour or Whistler
- Rail station and floatplane transfers in Vancouver & Whistler
- Breakfast or afternoon snack is served on the train
- For reservations, call 1.800.944.7853
*Advertised rates are based on seasonal prices, are subject to change, and are subject to availability at time of booking. Package prices are per person and based on two adults sharing a standard hotel room. Prices do not include applicable taxes.
Rocky Mountaineer Schedule: May 16 - September 22, 2014
Operates northbound in the morning, and southbound in the afternoon. Rocky Mountaineer train service to and from Vancouver to Whistler, operates daily except Tuesday and Wednesday from May 16 - September 22, 2014. The service also operates on September 23 and 24, 2014.
|Vancouver to Whistler
|6:45 - 7:15 AM
||Motorcoach pick-up in downtown Vancouver
|7:30 - 8 AM
||Boarding begins at North Vancouver station
||Train departs from North Vancouver station
||Arrival in Whistler and motorcoach transfer to Whistler Village
|Whistler to Vancouver
|2:45 - 3 PM
||Motorcoach pick-up in Whistler Village
|3 - 3:30 PM
||Boarding begins at Whistler station
||Train departs from Whistler station
||Arrival in North Vancouver and motorcoach transfer to downtown Vancouver
Call 1.800.944.7853 to book or request a quote and a Whistler based Travel Consultant will contact you.
Whistler Sea to Sky Climb Routes & Maps
The Rocky Mountaineer Whistler Sea to Sky Climb's 3.5 hour train ride provides a scenic link between two world-class destinations - Vancouver and the spectacular four season mountain resort of Whistler.
Experience a relaxing and comfortable ride and see breathtaking views of cascading waterfalls, old-growth forests, snow-capped mountain peaks and brilliant Pacific waters. Enjoy access to the heritage observation car, offering fresh air and unrestricted views of the spectacular scenery.
Sea to Sky Climb Route Highlights
- Scenic views of West Vancouver and Stanley Park
- Oceanfront along the shores of Howe Sound
- Views of the BC Coastal Mountains
- Shannon Falls
- Mount Garibaldi
- Spectacular journey through Cheakamus Canyon
- Brandywine Falls
- Four-season mountain resort of Whistler