Thanksgiving Long Weekend in Whistler
October 10 - 12, 2015
Gather friends and family to visit over the Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend and enjoy the beautiful fall weather. Whatever traditions you follow for this time of year from turkey dinners to crafts to sales, Whistler is the perfect place to be.
Whistler Blackcomb Turkey Sale
That's right - winter is just around the corner and we are all dreaming of those perfect powder turns. If you need new snow gear the legendary Turkey Sale is well worth a visit with top brands of ski and snowboard gear on sale, all under one roof at pre-season savings. At the same time The Whistler Mountain Ski and Snowboard Swap is on with pre-owned equipment for sale - this is truly a one-stop shop to get outfitted for winter, at the best prices.
Whistler Blackcomb Seasons Pass and EDGE card holders get early entry before the general public on October 10 - well worth adding an extra day to the long weekend to get the first look at the deals.
Spend quality time with friends and family over the weekend:
- Enjoy the family-friendly entertainment in the Village - details to be added shortly
- Try ziplining, a RZR or ATV tour - see the beautiful fall colours up close
- Stroll the Valley Trail and enjoy a snack at the last Whistler Farmers Market of the season
- Book a Thanksgiving dinner at one of Whistler's restaurant
- Take time to explore the Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre, the Whistler Museum and Art Galleries
- Ride the PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola and the Whistler Bike Park for the last time this season
- Relax and rejuvenate at one of Whistler's relaxing spas
More events will be added as the weekend draws closer - check back often for the latest listings.
Sitting down with friends and family for a special meal is an important part of Thanksgiving for friends and families. Many Whistler restaurants offer a traditional Thanksgiving dinner menu with all the trimmings to make you feel right at home.
Please contact the restaurants directly for reservations and more information.
US Thanksgiving - Thursday November 26, 2015
Save the date! Whistler also celebrates US Thanksgiving along with our American friends in November. Stay tuned for more information on events and activities specific to US Thanksgiving.
(Hint: Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains usually open for skiing this weekend!)