Whistler Olympic Park
Part of the unique Ski Callaghan Nordic Centre.
A venue for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games,
Whistler Olympic Park will be open over winter for nordic skiing, tobogganing, snowshoeing, biathlon, sightseeing and more. Rent equipment on site and take a lesson in classic or skate skiing at a world class facility.
2014/15 Hours and Dates of Operation*
Opening Dates: The nordic season normally runs from December to March, depending on snow conditions. Check back regularly for more information on the upcoming season.
Starting January on Wednesdays 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM enjoy Bonfire Nights at Whistler Olympic Plaza, with a blazing fire under the Olympic rings. Parking is just $10 per vehicle, start date to be confirmed.
Full Service Packages with Whistler Shuttle
Whistler Olympic Park is offering packages which include trail pass, rentals (ski or snowshoe) and return transportation to and from Whistler. Add on a lesson or try a guided Biathlon Snowshoe tour, held Wednesday evenings. Shuttle stops at a number of Whistler hotels, with a late return shuttle available after Bonfire Nights on Wednesdays.
*Please note all dates, hours and trail availability are snow and weather dependant and subject to change. Please confirm with Callaghan Country.
Ski Callaghan is the union of Whistler Olympic Park (WOP) and Callaghan Country Wilderness Adventures (CCWA). This unique blending of the world’s most modern, high performance Nordic ski training facilities coupled with one of Canada’s most spectacular wilderness snowshoeing and ski touring venues offers winter recreationists the complete Nordic experience!
Full Lesson Details
|Snowshoe Whistler Olympic Park Admission
||Ski Callaghan pass provides access to the combined trail system of both the CCWA and WOP ski areas as one.
||From $14 per person
|Ski Callaghan Whistler Olympic Park Admission
||Access 87 kms of groomed nordic ski trails
||From $23.50 per person
|Discover Classic or Skate X-Country Group Lessons
||Learn about your equipment, how to glide, climb hills and stop. Lessons available Saturday & Sunday only.
||From $45 per person
|Discover Biathlon Group Lessons
||Discover the sport of biathlon. Learn biathlon rifle marksmanship and work on your classic or skate ski technique
||From $65 per person
|Private Skate Ski, Classic Ski, or Snowshoe Lessons
||Private lessons are offered in classic or skate skiing as well as biathlon and snowshoe
||From $79 per person
Whistler Olympic Park Activities
Cross Country Skiing
- Ski Callaghan Nordic Centre features more than 130 kilometres of recreational cross-country ski trails
- Expertly groomed terrain for both classic and skate skiing, ranging from beginner to expert
- Skiing under the stars with a network of night skiing trails
- Select dog friendly loops
- Access and tours of nordic sport facilities: try the Experience and Discover Biathlon programs
- Family fun in the designated toboganning area, with parking just $10 per vehicle
- Helmets and toboggans available to rent - free with deposit
- Area is suitable for children and young families
- Enjoy views of the Olympic ski jumps and mountain ranges
- Over 20 kilometres of wilderness snowshoe trails
- Select dog-friendly terrain
- Backcountry access
Facilities - Day Lodge
Full Details On Facilities
The beautiful full-service Whistler Olympic Park Day Lodge is where you’ll
find friendly staff to help you make the most of your experience. Services
available at the Day Lodge include:
- Pass sales for skiing, snowshoeing or backcountry access
- Lessons for all ages and abilities
- Equipment and locker rentals
- Ski tuning and public waxing facilities
- Retail essentials
- Change facilities with showers and toilets
- First aid centre
- Food service including snacks and warm beverages
- Fireplace lounge and sun drenched deck
- Meeting room and venue rentals available