Nordic at Callaghan Country
Part of the unique Ski Callaghan Nordic Centre.
Experience cross country skiing and snowshoeing in the spectacular Callaghan Valley, home of the Callaghan Country Lodge. With an ideal location in the coastal snowbelt, only 16 kilometres southwest of Whistler and 115 kilometres north of Vancouver, the Callaghan Valley in endowed with some of the deepest snowfall anywhere in Canada. Enjoy cross country skiing, snowshoeing and access for backcountry touring.
2014/15 Hours and Dates of Operation*
Opening Dates: Opening Day is currently scheduled for November 27, 2014.
View current trail conditions and grooming report from the venue.
*Please note all dates, hours and trail availability are snow and weather dependant and subject to change. Please confirm with Callaghan Country.
Callaghan Country Facilities
- Ski Callaghan Nordic Centre features over 130 kms kilometres of groomed track-set ski trails designed for light Nordic ski touring
- Trail network is designed to cater to both day skiers and overnight Lodge guests.
- Challenge your personal navigation skills following modest route flags through the wilderness
Routes of Wilderness & Backcountry Lodge
- Visit the Callaghan Country’s Backcountry Lodge located at the heart of this spectacular Nordic recreation area
- Friendly hospitality, great food and comfortable lodging in sub-alpine wilderness
- Accommodation for up to 24 people (15 singles) in 8 private rooms
- Large groups welcome to take advantage of the commercial kitchen and a dining room that seats up to 40 people
- Socialize in the inviting fireside lounge area or gear up the competitive spirit with a game of pool, ping-pong, or darts
Callaghan Country offers inclusive overnight ski-in/ski-out packages that include:
- Trail passes
- Meals and non-alcoholic drinks
- Overnight accommodation
- Luggage transport
- Use of lodge snowshoes and toboggans
- Use of new Scandinavian sauna