Whistler Readers and Writers Festival - October 18 - 20, 2013
Take a trip to the mountains to attend the Whistler Readers and Writers Festival, an annual fall event celebrating the written word. Meet renowned Canadian authors, listen to lively speakers panels and attend workshops and reading events to improve your literary skills. Stay a while and let the majestic mountain landscape and brilliant fall colours inspire your next story.
Thank you to everyone who made the 2013 Readers and Writers Festival a success. Information on the 2014 event will be released in the New Year.
Whistler Readers And Writers Fest 2013: Snow, Love, and Murder in the Mountains
2013 Invited Guests
Key Moderator - Jian Ghomeshi
The Whistler Writers Group was delighted to announce that the widely-respected host of CBC Radio's "Q", Jian Ghomeshi, will attend the festival in 2013. Ghomeshi appeared Saturday, October 19 at the gala evening event, for a special 'in conversation' session with the headlining author, Giller Prize winner Will Ferguson. In addition, Ghomeshi moderated a brunch panel on Sunday morning.
Invited Authors included:
- Will Ferguson - author of 419 (Giller Prize Winner, 2012)
- Ania Szado - author of Studio Saint-Ex (Writer in Residence, Whistler Readers and Writers Festival 2013)
- Lisa Moore - author of 'February' (Canada Reads winner, 2013)
- Patrick deWitt - author of 'The Sisters Brothers' (Governor-General's Literary Award for Fiction, 2011)
- Richard Wagamese (Recipient of the National Aboriginal Achievement Award for Media & Communications, 2012)
- Roberta Rich - author of 'The Midwife of Venice'
View the full list of invited authors.
The three day festival features workshops, book launches, panel discussions and intimate conversations with respected writers from across the genres. Avid readers, aspiring writers and published authors will all find inspiration in the program.
Download Full 2013 Program (3.4MB PDF)
Whistler in Fall
Fall is a cozy time of year, where crisp air invites walks through the forest and fireplaces beckon for conversations with friends. Pack books and a notepad and take some time to enjoy the peace and quiet in the mountains.
Photos from the 2013 Festival
Call 1.800.WHISTLER (944.7853) to speak with a local travel consultant