Cross Country Skiing and Snowshoeing
Experience the spectacular Callaghan Valley, home of the Callaghan Country Lodge. With an ideal location in the coastal snowbelt, only 16 kilometres southwest of Whistler and 115 kilometres north of Vancouver, the Callaghan Valley in endowed with some of the deepest snowfall anywhere in Canada. Enjoy cross country skiing, snowshoeing and access for backcountry touring.
2013/14 Hours and Dates of Operation*
Callaghan Country is open five days a week (closed Wednesday and Thursday) through to April 6, 2014.
March 2014: Due to the recent snowfall Ski Callaghan will open for seven extra ski days in April. Access through the Callaghan Country gate will be available during regular hours of operation on the following dates:
- Friday through Sunday, April 11-13 2014
- Friday through Monday, April 18-21 2014
Alexander Falls Base Area: 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM. During holiday season December 20 to January 7, open every day from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM.
Journeyman Lodge: 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
View current trail conditions and grooming report.
Ski Callaghan Pass
Ski Callaghan is the joint venture between Callaghan Country Wilderness Adventures and Whistler Olympic Park. The two venues have joined forces to offer North America's most extensive Nordic experience with over 130 km of trails to explore by ski or snowshoe.
Learn more about Ski Callaghan passes.
Dual Area Pass
New for 2013/14: You can purchase a Dual Area Pass that allows access to both the Ski Callaghan areas and Lost Lake Park in Whistler.
Learn more about Dual Area passes online.
*Please note all dates, hours and trail availability are snow and weather dependant and subject to change. Please confirm with Callaghan Country.
Callaghan Country Facilities
- Over 40 kilometres of groomed track-set ski trails designed for light Nordic ski touring
- Trail network is designed to cater to both day skiers and overnight Lodge guests.
- Challenge your personal navigation skills following modest route flags through the wilderness
Routes of Wilderness & Backcountry Lodge
- Visit the Callaghan Country’s Backcountry Lodge located at the heart of this spectacular Nordic recreation area
- Friendly hospitality, great food and comfortable lodging in sub-alpine wilderness
- Accommodation for up to 24 people (15 singles) in 8 private rooms
- Large groups welcome to take advantage of the commercial kitchen and a dining room that seats up to 40 people
- Socialize in the inviting fireside lounge area or gear up the competitive spirit with a game of pool, ping-pong, or darts
Callaghan Country offers inclusive overnight ski-in/ski-out packages that include:
- Trail passes
- Meals and non-alcoholic drinks
- Overnight accommodation
- Luggage transport
- Use of lodge snowshoes and toboggans
- Use of new Scandinavian sauna
Call 1.800.WHISTLER (944.7853) to speak with a local travel consultant