Whistler Writers Festival
October 13 - 16, 2016
The Whistler Writers Festival (formerly the Whistler Readers and Writers Festival) is an annual fall event celebrating the written word. It's a chance to meet renowned authors, listen to lively speakers panels and attend workshops on publishing, comedy and word craft before gathering for evenings of music and great conversation with other readers and writers.
Whether you are an avid reader, aspiring writer or an established author, you'll find something special in the program. This year's offerings include evenings with food and wine, comedy and crime writing plus a special day-long publishing and pitching workshop.
Tickets and festival passes are available through the Whistler Writers Festival website.
Whistler in Fall
Fall is a cozy time of year, where crisp air invites walks through the forest and fireplaces beckon for conversations with friends. Pack books and a notepad and take some time to enjoy the peace and quiet in the mountains.
- Find space to put pen to paper in one of Whistler's cozy cafes or lounges
- Take a walk along the Valley Trail, reconnect with the natural world and enjoy the falling leaves
- Relaxation is key to creativity - take time out to visit a spa
- Find inspirations in Whistler's art galleries, Museum, Library and Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre
- Take home a book from the collection at Whistler's own independent book store - Armchair Books