Viessmann Luge World Cup & Viessmann Team Relay World Cup
Catch the world's top luge athletes as they compete at the Whistler Sliding Centre, a legacy of the 2010 Winter Olympic Games. Come and cheer for your favourite athletes and your home country.
The 2013 Luge World Cup has ended - stay tuned for more information on 2014 sliding events.
2013 Event Information
Description: Wear your country's colours and cheer on your favourite athletes at the 2013 Viessmann Luge World Cup, an important step on the road to the 2014 Winter Olympic Games. The Whistler Sliding Centre will play host to more than 100 athletes representing 20 countries that will compete in men’s and women’s singles, doubles and the highly-anticipated team relay races.
The action happens close to Whistler Village, with the Sliding Centre accessible by the Excalibur Gondola in Whistler Village. The action-packed week will also feature nightly entertainment, and family-focused activities - great family entertainment with children 6 and under free to enter.
Plan Your Trip
Aside from the live sports action of the Luge World Cup there are plenty of things to see and do around town.
- Try sliding on the same track as the pro athletes with a WhistlerBobsleigh or Skeleton Experience
- See Whistler from a new perspective with the PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola or another winter activity
- Whistler's patios are perfect for people watching - pull up a chair and enjoy a brew
- Need to unwind after the thrill of the luge? Whistler's spas are waiting
- Bring your appetite to one of Whistler's restaurants for a feast