It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This!
There are a lot of great things about working at Tourism Whistler! A career at Tourism Whistler gives you the opportunity to work with a collaborative team, where employees are passionate about where they are and what they do. The employee experience at Tourism Whistler is full of challenges; providing a positive company culture that promotes pride and achievement. Some employee perks worth mentioning are:
Work Life Balance... provided through flexible schedules, wellness perks and a supportive employer... Tourism Whistler is committed!
Our Employee Perks
Training and Development Opportunities that include off-site and on-site training. We are committed to providing a climate of growth and development and ensure our employees are provided with the support needed to be effective on the job, to manage change, keep skills current and to meet individual career goals.
- A Flexible Schedule for salaried employees that includes "Flex Fridays", where you receive every other Friday off - that's a three-day weekend twice a month! We also try to encourage our front line staff to enjoy all that Whistler has to offer by scheduling staff to work 4, 10 hour shifts per week. That gives employees 3 days each week to play!
- Competitive Benefits after a three month wait period for those who qualify. Our extensive package includes coverage of MSP premiums (eligible on the first of the month, following your start date), extended health and dental, massage therapy, physiotherapy, vision care, etc. and travel insurance.
- Wellness Benefits that encourage Health and Recreation. How about $1,000 annually to spend on all the great recreational activities that Whistler offers? Full-time year-round employees receive $1,000 while part-time employees receive a wellness spending account that is pro-rated based on the number of hours they work on a weekly basis. Wellness allowances can be used for a ski pass, gym membership, yoga classes, golf lessons, bike park pass or anything else that gets you active in the Sea to Sky corridor.
- TWIST is Tourism Whistler's Social Committee and they hold monthly events such as street hockey tournaments, yoga, pilates and rock climbing classes, sundae-making in the sun, summer BBQs, golf tournaments, Halloween parties, winter celebrations, brewery tours with appies, Irish dancing and St. Patrick's Day celebrations, waffle breakfasts and Guitar Hero competitions. It's always super fun and a great way to get to know your co-workers.
- A Commitment to Health and Safety. Our Health and Safety committee consists of employees from all areas of our company that meet bi-monthly. The committee sends out special notices and tips throughout the year and keeps us up-to-date with items that affect us through Health & Safety bulletin boards which are located throughout the building. They also bring in guest speakers and trainers such as the Assistant Fire Chief who conducted fire extinguishing training. New employees also receive a one-on-one health and safety orientation.
- TWIGGS: Tourism Whistlers Is Going Green Sustainably. Our TWIGGS Committee is committed to providing information and direction on how we can monitor and improve our corporate and personal social behaviour. TWIGGS is a grassroots employee committee working towards understanding and improving Tourism Whistler's staff initiatives on sustainability.
"TW really understands the family/life/work balance - and I am grateful! "
Staff comment, 2012 Employee Opinion Survey