Know Before You Go: Whistler Activities and Tours
Whistler is an adventure Mecca. From tackling whitewater rapids to gunning it on an ATV, ziplining across mountains to swinging in the trees, Whistler’s activity providers make life in the mountains pretty exciting. COVID-19 hasn’t changed that, it’s just being done a little differently.
You can read up on the activity providers’ individual COVID-19 protocols in Whistler’s Doors Open Directory, but we’ve gathered together some general information on what you need to know when you book an adventure tour in Whistler this summer and fall.
Whistler Activities and Tour Etiquette 2.0
- Activity providers have enhanced safety protocols, so look out for signage and read over any communication they send you to make sure you’re aware of them.
- Advance reservations are recommended, but with our new normal, most have flexible cancellation policies.
- Private tours are available for your pod, so enquire when you book if this is something you’d like to take advantage of.
- Contactless check-in and online waivers are the norm now, make sure you read them thoroughly.
- Some tours have self-drive options, but if you do need a shuttle, make sure to bring your face mask for the journey and for other times when physical distancing isn’t possible.
- Sanitization of equipment is happening with more frequency, so expect to see people with spray bottles doing some cleaning!
Whistler Adventure Tour Inspiration
Arms out, thumbs up, smiles so big they hurt your face. Here are some shots from our Whistler tour providers to give you some inspiration for your own adventures this summer and fall.
Like what you see? Although they say a photo is worth a thousand words, here are some adventure-based experiential blogs in case you’re on the fence (or perhaps a suspension bridge or treetop platform)!
- Whistler E-Bike Tour: The Great Canadian E-Bike Tour
- Whistler Bungee Jumping: On Fear, Gravity and Getting Old
- Exploring Whistler’s Wilderness by RZR
- Whistler Bear Viewing Safari Experience
Summer room rates with Whistler.com start at $93 and there are deals to be had on longer, midweek stays and activity bookings (free $50 adventure voucher when you book for three nights or more). If you’re a BC resident, sign up to become a Whistler Rewards member (it’s free) for more specials and savings.
If you have any questions, the Ask Whistler Live Chat Service is available seven days a week from 8 AM to 9 PM PST via Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, SMS and phone. Whistler.com also has a COVID information page for the latest updates and health advisories for Whistler.