Two-Wheeled Dreams: A Whistler Bike Checklist
While March and April can bring powder and the snow base is looking stacked for spring skiing through May, there’s a few of us getting a little antsy for trail time and bikes have already been spotted on the Valley Trail, weaving between the snow banks.
Yeah, Whistler folks are crazy like that.
If you’re as keen on riding bikes as we are there’s no time like the present to start planning your bucket list rides. Here’s a checklist of classic Whistler biking adventures for inspiration, complete with ideas for all levels and types of bikes.
1. Explore Whistler’s Valley Trail by bike
2. Take a chairlift and ride the famous Whistler Mountain Bike Park
3. Try and choose a new bike for the summer at Thinkbike Whistler
4. Learn to fix your own bike with Whistler Adventure School
6. Check out an off-road e-bike tour
7. Join in a Toonie Ride with the Whistler Off Road Cycling Association (WORCA)
8. Ride the Top of the World Trail on Whistler Mountain
10. Race on the Whistler BMX Track, where the views are second to none.
12. Ride the Lord of the Squirrels backcountry epic loop on Sproatt Mountain
How many items will you be able to check off this year? Only one way to find out – get ready to giv’r. Insider tip? Lock in the vacation days and book accommodation early – more $$ in your pocket for those biking essentials like new tires, whatever carbon part is trendy this year and post-ride beers.