Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre
The Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre (SLCC) is the first centre of its kind in Canada. Two nations came together to celebrate and share their cultures with the world while creating meaningful employment opportunities for members of both the Sk̲wxwú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish Nation, Coast Salish) and Líl̓wat7ul (Lil’wat Nation, Interior Salish) Nations. Designed to evoke the form of a Squamish Longhouse and Lil’wat Istken (earthen dwelling), the SLCC embodies the spirit of partnership between two unique Nations who wish to preserve, grow, and share their traditional cultures.
When to Visit
||10 AM – 9 PM
||10 AM – 5 PM
||10 AM – 5 PM
||10 AM – 5 PM
- Thunderbird Café open 10 AM – 4 PM, Thursday to Sunday, and until 8 PM on Saturdays
- General Admission Adult (26-64) $20
- General Admission Senior (65+) $17
- General Admission Young Adult (19-25) $15
- General Admission Student (13-18) $7
- General Admission Child (6-12) $5
- Family Pass (2 adults and 2 children under 18 years) $45
Night at the Museum Admission (5 PM to 9 PM on Saturdays)
- Night at the Museum Admission Adult (26-64) $10
- Night at the Museum Admission Senior (65+) $8.50
- Night at the Museum Admission Young Adult (19-25) $7.50
- Night at the Museum Admission Student (13-18) $3.50
- Night at the Museum Admission Child (6-12) $2.50
- Family Pass (2 adults and 2 children under 18 years) $22.50
The gift shop and café can be accessed without paying the admission fee to the Centre – making it the perfect place in Whistler to pick up a memorable gift.
Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre Highlights
Friendly Cultural Ambassadors from both the Squamish and Lil’wat Nations share their culture and knowledge in this immersive cultural centre. General Admission includes access to the galleries and exhibits throughout the main level (Great Hall) and mezzanine. While our hourly guided tours have been cancelled until further notice, traditional hand drum songs will still be shared at the top of every hour (10am - 4pm) for guests to enjoy.
Other Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre highlights include:
- Permanent and temporary exhibits from the Squamish and Lil’wat Nations
- Live Demonstrations of weaving, carving, cedar prepping, and other cultural regenerative activities
- An outdoor Lil'wat Istken (earthen dwelling) and Squamish Longhouse
- An interpretive forest walk
- A craft area with interactive crafts for all ages
- A theatre showcasing a 15 minute film
- Whistler’s largest first nations gift shop, offering products authentic and unique to the Squamish, Lil'wat, and other First Nations peoples in Canada
- Thunderbird Café, an indigenous-inspired eatery in the SLCC’s admission-free area
- The gift shop and Thunderbird café can be accessed without paying the admission fee to the SLCC, making it the perfect place in Whistler to pick up a memorable gift
The Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre is located in the Upper Village at 4584 Blackcomb Way. Limited parking is available onsite; additional parking is available along Blackcomb Way and in the Day Lots.
View Map of Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre
A Night at the Museum
Saturday evenings in October.
A Night at the Museum offers extended hours of operation on Saturday evenings where guests can explore the museum and Gift Shop from 5 PM to 9 PM while the Thunderbird Cafe remains open for dine in or take-out dinner options until 8 PM.
The Northwest Coast inspired menu includes Barbecued Elk Hot Dog on a Bannock Bun, Kuterra Salmon served on Rootdown Organics fresh greens, Cheesy Bannock, Bannock Tacos, Charcuterie featuring Cured Game Meat and Bannock Crostinis. Beer and wine are available for purchase with dinner (dine in only).
A Night at the Museum Admission
Night at the Museum admission includes extended access to the museum and galleries from 5 PM to 9 PM on Fridays and Saturdays. Additional offerings include dinner and drinks from the Thunderbird Cafe until 8 PM (not included in admission) and shopping in the Gift Shop until 9 PM.
Whistler Cultural Pass – $30 per person
The Whistler Cultural Pass provides access to the Audain Art Museum as well as the Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre at a reduced price.
Save up to 20% when you purchase tickets as a dual admission pass.
Please note that the Audain Art Museum is closed Monday to Thursday and the Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre is closed Monday to Wednesday.
Passes are not dated and can be used at any time.
*Hours of operation and admission prices subject to change.
Local Flora & Coast Salish Culture:
New Tour in Whistler
The Salish Stroll holds the secrets of the coastal temperate rainforest, discover what Insider, Nikkey learned on this new Whistler tour.
Moments of Inspiration:
A Whistler Arts Itinerary
Prepare to be surprised and delighted when you uncover our creative side, where art is woven into everyday life and you're invited to join the fun.
Midweek Rooms from $93
Stay longer than a weekend – book your lodging midweek for the best available rates!
Photos of the Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre