What You Can Do
If you would like to be a part of Whistler's efforts to minimize its
environmental footprint, please consider some of these “green travel
tips” when visiting the resort.
- Conserve energy. When you leave your hotel room, turn off the AC/heat, lights, TV and radio. Close the drapes.
- Conserve water. Participate in hotel linen programs, or let the hotel know that it's
not necessary to change your sheets and towels every day.
- Park the car. Whistler Village is pedestrian only, with restaurants, shops, hotels, ski lifts and other amenities located within walking distance. Once you get here, there is no need for your car. You can choose to walk or use public transportation.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Take only the brochures or maps necessary. Return others to the brochure stand. Participate in recycling programs by placing recyclables in appropriate bins.
- Tread lightly. Stay on established trails when hiking to avoid disturbing plants and wildlife, and remember to take garbage with you when you leave.
Call 1.800.WHISTLER (944.7853) to speak with a local travel consultant