Ziptrek & TreeTrek Ecotours
Ziptrek Ecotours is Whistler's most unique adventure experience!
Ziptrek Ecotours features thrilling zipline tours from mountain to mountain and canopy walks - both adventures are complete with suspension bridges, boardwalks, viewing decks, and an interpretive program delivered by guides. With operations starting in 2002, Ziptrek established itself as North America’s zipline pioneer, and has since become an iconic Whistler experience. Ziptrek Ecotours currently has a total of 10 ziplines, and offers 3 distinct zipline tours, as well as its TreeTrek Canopy Walk (involving no ziplines).
Tours operate in all weather conditions, 365 days a year. Ziptrek has you covered if it's snowing or raining; they provide boots, rain gear and have heated platforms. And if the weather is blazing hot, water and shaded areas can help cool you down. All Tours take place in a spectacular old-growth rainforest.
Ziptrek has attracted hundreds of thousands of individuals, along with corporate groups and families of all sizes. This is an adventure that is accessible to all and produces a similar effect over and over - no one can believe how much they enjoyed themselves.
- Ziptrek features a total of 10 ziplines ranging from 60 to 600 metres (200 to 2,000 feet) in length
- Ziplining involves gliding along a suspended steel cable, using a pulley and climbing harness
- Quick shuttle ride to Ziptrek's tour area between Blackcomb and Whistler Mountains
- 28 cedar platforms up to 60 metres (200 feet) in the treetops
- 9 treetop bridges spanning 180 metres (600 feet)
- Three unique tours to choose: the "Bear Tour" - best for first-timers or the apprehensive, the "Eagle Tour" - for those who have ziplined before or crave an adrenaline rush, and the “Mammoth Tour” – which combines the other two tours in an epic 10-line adventure, which includes an on-course meal mid-tour.
- Tree Trek Canopy Walk accesses the same pristine area, but involves no zipping – perfect for all ages. Tots are free! (5& under)
- All tours available on a daily basis
- Tours run from early morning to early evening
One needn't worry about the strength of the cables or platforms. The half-inch galvanized cables can hold up to 22,000 pounds of weight. The platforms are built from certified sustainable cedar without any chemicals.
In addition to flying through the trees learn important facts about Whistler's local ecology and the ancient forest from naturalists along the way. Fun for the whole family!
Located in the Carleton Lodge.
4282 Mountain Square
Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4
return to previous page